Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

StaplerUk

Aug 23, 2015
I am unable to sign in to it, I went to check my details on the site but it has 404 gateway timeout error when clicking signup or sign in so it seems they have an issue at the moment.

Edit: I managed to get my login details but clicking on anything in the list "working" comes up for a second then nothing, Am i doing something wrong, It has been a while since i tried this.

Last edited:

Invincibleinc

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
I'm going to give them one more pay cycle to sort their shit out and then I'm bailing. With so many people paying $20 and $30 a month, they should be able to provide a better service than this. It has been almost unwatchable in prime time for the last week or more.

cowboyandjake

Aug 2, 2013
I have a paid account for USTVnow and installed on my galaxy tablet. I can get audio from streaming channels but I get no picture.

bomurf

Oct 14, 2013
USTVNow Kodi worked fine on my Ouya device. I bought a Matricom 2 months ago and USTVNow would play for about 15-60 seconds, then freeze, then drop. I tried every tweak I could think of and nothing worked. I just created a new account with a different email and USTVNow is working perfectly. My former account was about 3 years old. That account had no issues when logged in on a PC or my phone but it was not good on the new device (Matricom). Not sure what this is all about, but whatever, it's working now so I'm happy. Hope this helps!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
USTVNow Kodi worked fine on my Ouya device. I bought a Matricom 2 months ago and USTVNow would play for about 15-60 seconds, then freeze, then drop. I tried every tweak I could think of and nothing worked. I just created a new account with a different email and USTVNow is working perfectly. My former account was about 3 years old. That account had no issues when logged in on a PC or my phone but it was not good on the new device (Matricom). Not sure what this is all about, but whatever, it's working now so I'm happy. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen similar issues/fixes. I have yet to really figure out why this seems to sometimes help. Glad it helped you.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
just want to ask, why sometimes takes a long time to load stream of ustvnow?
USTVnow Plus does a few checks and makes different calls to the USTVnow API when opening a stream. These checks are needed to ensure that the stream is as stable as possible. Sometimes these calls take longer than others. The speed can be related to how slowly the API returns the response, the users bandwidth, the device, etc.

Thanks

eyeamred2u

Apr 24, 2016
Running Kodi v. 16.0, latest US TV Now Plus addon. App runs for a few minutes, freezes, shows the buffering box at 0% Then returns to Live TV menu. Running on Amazon Fire TV Gen 2 box. I have posted the link to my log.
http://xbmclogs.com/prymogwwe

thanks,

Ken

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Running Kodi v. 16.0, latest US TV Now Plus addon. App runs for a few minutes, freezes, shows the buffering box at 0% Then returns to Live TV menu. Running on Amazon Fire TV Gen 2 box. I have posted the link to my log.
http://xbmclogs.com/prymogwwe

thanks,

Ken
Hi Ken,
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. This sounds like a common problem that people experience with USTVnow. The fact is their service is not allows the best. This occurs most frequently when they are getting lots of traffic due to a very popular show or event. However, it sometimes happens at other times. It can be very frustrating.

I have heard that USTVnow on Roku is more stable. I assume that they are somehow prioritizing Roku boxes. However, the USTVnow Plus addon is using the same methods of streaming that the USTVnow website uses. There are still some differences since it is not a browser, but I have built it to be as close to that as possible.

I would recommend that you try some of the tips on the [GUIDELINES] Submitting Bug Reports page. Setting the Stream Method to Alternate is the first thing I would try. I have found that sometimes that can be big help.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

eyeamred2u

Apr 24, 2016
Thanks for replying. I am 100% sure it is not my internet service provider. I did try one last thing, I installed Kodi tweaks for FTV and rebooted my box. No issues since. May want to kook at that addon and see what the DEV uses for tweaks. I have no buffering issues and the video is in HD. Thank you for all your hard work with this addon.

Ken

whoray1

Aug 6, 2014
I used the USTVNOW plus a few hours ago now it says someting is wrong with my logon credentials. I logged in at website with no problem. Is USTVNOW blocking this addon?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for replying. I am 100% sure it is not my internet service provider. I did try one last thing, I installed Kodi tweaks for FTV and rebooted my box. No issues since. May want to kook at that addon and see what the DEV uses for tweaks. I have no buffering issues and the video is in HD. Thank you for all your hard work with this addon.

Ken
Absolutely!

I never thought it was your ISP. These issues are generally an issue with the USTVnow service itself.

So are you saying that after using the Kodi Tweaks USTVnow Plus is working well? If so I am glad to hear it and will be checking it out. However, I would be that it is more coincidental.

Thanks

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I used the USTVNOW plus a few hours ago now it says someting is wrong with my logon credentials. I logged in at website with no problem. Is USTVNOW blocking this addon?
Thanks for the info. I am seeing similar issues right now. I will be investigating and will get back to everyone.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Ok looks like the USTVnow API is messed up.

You can see this at http://www.ustvnow.com/gtv/

USTVnow Plus uses the same API endpoints as the http://www.ustvnow.com/gtv/ site. So hopefully this is just a temporary issue that they will be resolving.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for the heads up. You developers are awesome.
Thanks!

Here is what I just received back from the USTVnow support team.

USTVnow Support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is a known issue already escalated to our technical team for further investigation. This support ticket will be marked as an incident related to the original problem and you will receive an update when the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Mina
Customer Support Agent