Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi Thanks for your work on the addon I have it working now. In previous versions it would link to the FTVGuide will this be possible with this version.
Thanks, I am glad it is working for you. I don't have any immediate plans for things liek FTVGuide. I want to get the core of the addon clean and stable first before I entertain things like a built in TV Guide or linking to FTVGuide. I am sure once I get through a few things I will want a new challenge. :)

Zendall

Nov 19, 2015
Glad to hear that it is working for you. As for the quality issues. If you are on a Free account I have limited the stream quality to 400kbps. I am working on a way to determine the age of an account so that new Free accounts can get HD for the first 45 days. Other than that this addon is streaming in the same way as previous version. The big differences are in how the data needed to build the streams is gathered which shouldn't affect the quality.

Thanks
I think I spoke too soon on the quality. I've got it on now & it's working great! Picture quality is just as good as before. Thanks again!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
First off, big thanks for this add-on! I have a couple questions though. 1) on the website, I can watch the channels in HD with a free account. So why is the green account limited to 400kbps in the add-on? 2) I use Kodi on two boxes and one computer in my house, and I have set up boxes for three family members. If I upgrade to a paid USTVnow account, can my account be used on all of our devices?
Thanks for your interest in the addon.

I have limited Free accounts to 400kbps since I have not found a clean way to determine the account age. Since Free accounts get HD for 45 days I need to have a way to switch things. It is something that I am going to work on once I get through a few other things.

As for using USTVnow on multiple devices. I currently use it on 3 devices. I don't generally watch them at the same time so I am not sure if they would all work at the same time.

This is from the USTVnow website:

Only one person can be logged in on a computer per account. If you login on a computer and are already logged in elsewhere, you will be logged out of your older session. For other devices such as Roku, iPad and iPhone, 3 people can be logged in simultaneously.

I would think that the addon would work most like Roku or iPad since the addon is technically logging in on the mobile platform.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
mhancoc7,

BTW, I posted a message to you over at Kodi.tv, but then I found you here. :). Also, your new version works great.

Thanks for taking over this project.

Bob
I just noticed that after you reached out over at the Kodi.tv forum someone else followed suit.

Now the thread is closed. Way to go Bob! :) Just kidding. HAHA!

I figured that thread would get closed as soon as folks started talking to much about this version. It is actually good since I can quit trying to keep up with both threads.

mredrup

Sep 7, 2013
The latest version v14.0.9 should be working for all account types now. If you are still having issues on that version please post a debug log and I will trouble shoot it.

Thanks
It seems to all be back to normal now, thank you for providing the addon.

LLine

Feb 6, 2016
This still sounds like the issues that I fixed with the last release. Are you using the Official Version v14.0.9? If so can you please provide a log file so I can troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks
Yes I was using 14.0.9 Seems all is well this morning. Thank You for all your hard work!!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
The Official release has been updated to allow Free Accounts to stream up to 1024kbps! This should help with watching the Super Bowl!!

amoreno1093

Jun 24, 2015
Glad it is working well for you. It should be permanent. USTVnow appears to allow up to 1024kbps for Free Accounts after the 45 days. Of course if they change things well...
Yeah very true. Well I appreciate your hard work, and definitely appreciate this update!

chazg20

Feb 7, 2016
Hey mhancoc7, thanks for the great add-on. I have been using this add-on for probably 6 months now without issue but yesterday I started experiencing the issues spoke of above. I have tried both the latest beta (1.3.1) and the official release (14.1.0) without any luck.

chazg20

Feb 7, 2016
Hi again mhancoc7, I figured out what the issue was for me. I went to the ustvnow website, and it seemed the free trial expired. Weird thing is that the 45 days free expired months ago, but it was working in kodi until yesterday. I just updated/changed my subscription for ustvnow to another free subscription. I am guessing now I will just have to update it every 45 days going forward.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi again mhancoc7, I figured out what the issue was for me. I went to the ustvnow website, and it seemed the free trial expired. Weird thing is that the 45 days free expired months ago, but it was working in kodi until yesterday. I just updated/changed my subscription for ustvnow to another free subscription. I am guessing now I will just have to update it every 45 days going forward.
Thanks for letting me know how you fixed the issues. I don't think you should have to update Free Accounts every 45 days. The Free Accounts should last past the 45 days just without HD. When you say it expired what do you mean?

chazg20

Feb 7, 2016
I went to the ustvnow website and clicked on the account details link. In the field labeled subscription it said "Free Plan (expired)".

Edit - Oh and at the top of the page it said something like "your free trial has expired, please change your subscription to a paid or free plan."

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I went to the ustvnow website and clicked on the account details link. In the field labeled subscription it said "Free Plan (expired)".

Edit - Oh and at the top of the page it said something like "your free trial has expired, please change your subscription to a paid or free plan."
Hmm... I have never seen the Free Trial before. I have always just setup a Free Plan from the beginning. This must be something that I don't quite understand with the plan options.

I will investigate this.

Thansk!