Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Yes sir, done it 3 times prior, on all 3 devices, I also tested and installed on my buddies Tablet, and same happened on his device, with my account and then with his credentials.

It's not a big deal, just making you aware of it, since the other version I have works fine, just doesn't have the nice guide like yours. I can send you a log if you prefer, just let me know.
Very strange. A log file might help. However, this could be some odd edge case that I am not covering. If you feel comfortable doing it you can PM with your login creds. Then I can directly troubleshoot things on your account. I have done this in the past and it has allowed me to fix a ton of issues. Then you can change the password when I am done. Really up to you.

Thanks

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Very strange. A log file might help. However, this could be some odd edge case that I am not covering. If you feel comfortable doing it you can PM with your login creds. Then I can directly troubleshoot things on your account. I have done this in the past and it has allowed me to fix a ton of issues. Then you can change the password when I am done. Really up to you.

Thanks
Done

I also just checked with your latest update and does the same, keep me posted, cheers mate

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I have it installed and all shows up, but when I click on a guide program or go to live TV none of the shows are playing. I have checked on another addon version from Kodi TV and it is working fine. Any suggestions ??
Hey man,
So I have tested out your account. I actually can't get your account to work in the USTVnow Plus or the USTVnow addon from the kodi forums.

The reason that I am seeing this issue is due to the fact that USTVnow has setup the streams to only stream from a browser after 45 days on free accounts. I will probably add some sort of error message to make it clear why this is happening.

As for why this is still working for you in USTVnow from kodi forums... No clue. I can't get it to work. I get the same results with it that I do with USTVnow Plus.

The best way around this issue is to create a new free account using another email address. Not the best I know, but I don't want this addon to break their terms of service.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Thanks for your efforts mate. the Kodi version is working fine for now. I also sent you a video to check it out to see, cheers mate.

Hey man,
So I have tested out your account. I actually can't get your account to work in the USTVnow Plus or the USTVnow addon from the kodi forums.

The reason that I am seeing this issue is due to the fact that USTVnow has setup the streams to only stream from a browser after 45 days on free accounts. I will probably add some sort of error message to make it clear why this is happening.

As for why this is still working for you in USTVnow from kodi forums... No clue. I can't get it to work. I get the same results with it that I do with USTVnow Plus.

The best way around this issue is to create a new free account using another email address. Not the best I know, but I don't want this addon to break their terms of service.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Thanks for your efforts mate. the Kodi version is working fine for now. I also sent you a video to check it out to see, cheers mate.
Are you using the latest version of the USTVnow addon from kodi forum? I just can't figure out why it is working for you.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Hmm... I will see if I can try that version.
I already put my password back, if you need me to change it back I will, just let me know.

As I mentioned it's not a big deal for me, the other version works and I only use it as a back up if cable is down here. Was just letting you know in case others were having the same issue.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I already put my password back, if you need me to change it back I will, just let me know.

As I mentioned it's not a big deal for me, the other version works and I only use it as a back up if cable is down here. Was just letting you know in case others were having the same issue.
If you could change it back I would like to try something. I wonder if it has something to do with the preferred playback method or something.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
If you could change it back I would like to try something. I wonder if it has something to do with the preferred playback method or something.
OK. will do in 5 minutes, sorry just saw your post, cheers mate.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I was able to replicate it working in the USTVnow addon from kodi. I see what is going on and I will look at making some changes to get it working in USTVnow Plus.

Thanks
Great job, keep me posted I'll leave the info as is until you're done. :cool:

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
A little late to the party here. I've been ugrading a tablet through a series of OS versions and never had any trouble with the plugin using an old free account--until this afternoon. Now I get the message that the account is more than 45 days old and I need to either upgrade or get a new free account. Too bad I have "The Vietnam War" series trapped in their DVR system.......

I checked my PC installation and it too is now balking so clearly they've done it again :-(

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
45 day flu

I rolled it back to 14.7.9 and disabled updates and it works fine. No nag. I also put on 8.23.2017 to test I get audio but no video. It's there but just flashes. There must of been some type of code put in 17.8.1 that activates the 45 day rule.

Last edited:

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Yes, on a hunch I rolled back to 14.6.3, which was my fallback when this first began to happen. It works fine, but alas the "resume from..." function for recordings is missing. Of course, the ability to resume doesn't do much good if you can't access the recording in the first place :)

Guess I'll take a look at 14.7.9 and see if that function was present at that point.

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
Rolling it back and it works tells you it's not the server putting the 45 day nag in. Hopefully mhancoc7 can figure out what they wrote in there to stop the nag.

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
Crap! Caz updated his repo so 14.7.9 is 14.8.1 is there anyway to get a zip or a place to get 14.7.9?