Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Great job, keep me posted I'll leave the info as is until you're done. :cool:
Thanks dude!

A little late to the party here. I've been ugrading a tablet through a series of OS versions and never had any trouble with the plugin using an old free account--until this afternoon. Now I get the message that the account is more than 45 days old and I need to either upgrade or get a new free account. Too bad I have "The Vietnam War" series trapped in their DVR system.......

I checked my PC installation and it too is now balking so clearly they've done it again :-(
I rolled it back to 14.7.9 and disabled updates and it works fine. No nag. I also put on 8.23.2017 to test I get audio but no video. It's there but just flashes. There must of been some type of code put in 17.8.1 that activates the 45 day rule.
Yes, on a hunch I rolled back to 14.6.3, which was my fallback when this first began to happen. It works fine, but alas the "resume from..." function for recordings is missing. Of course, the ability to resume doesn't do much good if you can't access the recording in the first place :)

Guess I'll take a look at 14.7.9 and see if that function was present at that point.
Rolling it back and it works tells you it's not the server putting the 45 day nag in. Hopefully mhancoc7 can figure out what they wrote in there to stop the nag.
So I actually put the message in there when the account is over 45 days old. I am still trying to figure out why some older accounts will play just fine and others will not. I have found some accounts that are older than 45 days will not play in USTVnow Plus, but will in the USTVnow addon at kodi. I assumed it was due to the way that addon is sending the headers to get the streams, but when so far I haven't gotten it to work.

So I may just remove the message all together so as not to mess things up for those that have it working just fine.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Good news!

I found the issue that lead me down the path of adding the 45 day message. It was dumb. I had added some code a long time ago to force emails to lower case because someone reported an issue and it was due to the fact that they put in an email with an uppercase letter. USTVnow couldn't handle it. So I forced the email to lower. Now I have found that USTVnow allows uppercase letters in the email. So I had to remove that code to force emails to lowercase and voila fixed the issues on the account not able to access the streams.

I will be pushing this fix soon.

Dan44

Oct 3, 2017
Ustvnow not letting me access live channels

Hi , I can login , but when I click on streams doesn't come up. Thx

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
I knew you'd find it :)

Seriously, I have been down that road many times in my past life. The Law of Unintended Consequences rules over all in coding and programming. I was going to report that the problem (at least for me) began with 14.8.1. Checked that this morning on both Windows and Android, Kodi 16.2 and 17.4. My accounts are pretty old as these things go (2014). The last time this happened (after 14.6.3) I was still able to access recordings via the addon, just not live stuff. That was all fixed after your "return". This time around, I could not access anything without the "gotcha" message.

The log is not at all helpful (to me, anyway) and this is all I could extract that seemed relevant to the issue when I tried 14.8.1:

10:23:00.408 T:9428 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
10:23:00.408 T:9428 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []
10:23:00.408 T:9428 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
10:23:00.409 T:1856 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow.tva/?scheduleid=43307603&mode=play_dvr]
10:23:00.414 T:1856 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
10:23:00.414 T:1856 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
10:23:00.414 T:1856 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
10:23:00.414 T:1856 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()

But, as I say, you caught it, as I knew you would.

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
Cool beans! Looks like the sun is coming up soon! Great work mhancoc7! It's not much, but it's a lot to some people who don't get the basic main channels. I have channel pear, my own subscription, but ustvnow kicks it to the curb. It's a kodi staple. Just like alcohol should be a staple and be the 5th food group! ;)

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
Is there step by step on how to roll back to 14.8.2 on USTVNOW ?
14.7.9 was the last good working, 14.8.1 gave the 45 day nag, 14.8.2 is the fix. It's not a rollback, it's an update. If you uncheck auto update uncheck it and it will fix it's self if you didn't uncheck auto update it will/should just update. This is the ustvnow plus.

Last edited:

minnie1001

Mar 31, 2016
Check your credentials. Uninstall and reinstall if need be. I just fired it up on 14.8.2 working just fine.

Dan44

Oct 3, 2017
Still wouldn't work, so I opened new acct and works. Not sure ,why my current wasn't working. I have a paid subscription with USTv. I would like to use my old email acct. I can login thru my phone and use. Any ideas why ? I did uninstall and reinstall as well. Also, comes up check log. Thx

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Glad to hear that the latest release fixed things!

Still wouldn't work, so I opened new acct and works. Not sure ,why my current wasn't working. I have a paid subscription with USTv. I would like to use my old email acct. I can login thru my phone and use. Any ideas why ? I did uninstall and reinstall as well. Also, comes up check log. Thx
So you have a paid account and it is not working with the latest release?

Dan44

Oct 3, 2017
For me- No . I can login in and will load all channels , but when I click on the stream doesn't open up.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
For me- No . I can login in and will load all channels , but when I click on the stream doesn't open up.
Sound like my old issue, have you tried this, uninstall again, then go into settings, File Manager, Click on profile directory, addon data/ scroll down to USTV now and highlight and right click and delete. Once done, reboot. Then install again, and enter credentials, make sure you're email is enter exactly how you have it entered for the UST now website.

Report back once done.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Sound like my old issue, have you tried this, uninstall again, then go into settings, File Manager, Click on profile directory, addon data/ scroll down to USTV now and highlight and right click and delete. Once done, reboot. Then install again, and enter credentials, make sure you're email is enter exactly how you have it entered for the UST now website.

Report back once done.
I think I know why that would fix things at least in some circumstances. So the addon uses the auth token that it caches locally first. That way the addon doesn't have to login to USTVnow every time it makes a call to their service. However, I have seen times where that auth token will pull in everything except the actual streams. Another way to fix this is just by doing a Force Clear Token from within the addon settings. This should force a new token to be cached.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
How do you do a force token ?
In the USTVnow Plus settings there is an option under Advanced Settings.

So open USTVnow Plus, click on Settings, click on Advanced Settings, Check the Force Clear Token option[, Click OK. Then open the Live TV section (not TV Guide) and try a stream. This should force a new token to be created and stored.

If that doesn't fix it then I am not sure what is causing the issue. It could be something very specific with your account. If this is a free account I would just recommend creating a new free one. If it is a paid account send me a PM and we can do some additional troubleshooting specific to your account.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
Sorry to be a bearer of bad tidings, but there is still an issue with 14.8.3 that did not exist with 14.7.9 (probably 14.8.0 also, but I seem to have lost that zip....).

Using 14.8.3 I have no problems with live TV using my circa 2014 free accounts. I can also schedule recordings. But if I try to watch a recording I get the error message about the account being more than 45 days old, blah-blah-blah. Both live TV and recordings play fine in 14.7.9 with my "ancient" free accounts.

Just noticed the issue today. Sorry :-(