Release USTVnow Plus Official Release Thread

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Sorry to be a bearer of bad tidings, but there is still an issue with 14.8.3 that did not exist with 14.7.9 (probably 14.8.0 also, but I seem to have lost that zip....).

Using 14.8.3 I have no problems with live TV using my circa 2014 free accounts. I can also schedule recordings. But if I try to watch a recording I get the error message about the account being more than 45 days old, blah-blah-blah. Both live TV and recordings play fine in 14.7.9 with my "ancient" free accounts.

Just noticed the issue today. Sorry :-(
Thanks for reporting that. I just forgot to remove the messaging from the recordings. I have fixed it. The update should be pushed very soon.

Thanks

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
TV Guide not loading

Hi mhancoc7,

Hope you can help me out here.. I tried everything and I can't seem to get my guide working since July..

I've uninstalled both the Ustvnow Plus and the Ustvnow Guide and reinstalled - loaded the Live TV first and then the guide - no luck... I just keep seeing the wheel spinning saying it's loading.. I've tried deleting the database in the TV Guide setting and reloading again... No luck...

Any other stuff I may try?

Thanks!

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi mhancoc7,

Hope you can help me out here.. I tried everything and I can't seem to get my guide working since July..

I've uninstalled both the Ustvnow Plus and the Ustvnow Guide and reinstalled - loaded the Live TV first and then the guide - no luck... I just keep seeing the wheel spinning saying it's loading.. I've tried deleting the database in the TV Guide setting and reloading again... No luck...

Any other stuff I may try?

Thanks!
Have you tried do a DB reset from within the USTVnow Guide addon settings? Also be sure that you are using the newest versions of both addons.

Let me know if that helps. Also are you able to stream from the Live TV section of the USTVnow Plus addon itself?

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
Hi mhancoc7. I installed Kodi 17 and reinstalled the addons and everything works. However, I don't have a dedicated shortcut to the TV guide now from Kodi 17.. I need to go into Ustvnow Plus first before I can pull up the guide.. Is that the expected behaviour for Kodi 17?

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
Hi mhancoc7, I noticed something weird. I'm running Kodi v17 and the latest ustvnow plus addon. When I click on a channel, it takes a second to load the channel which is fine, but it will play like 2 to 3 seconds of the channel before it rewinds and replays the 2 to 3 seconds again before it proceeds to play the live stream. Do you know what's going on there?

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
Hi mhancoc7, I'm sorry. I was mistaken that it was the addon you created but it's not ustvnow plus. It's just ustvnow.. I got confused. I'll install yours now instead :)

Boosta

Feb 27, 2017
I am getting connection failed. Check your login credentials but when I go online and sign it, it works fine. This happens when I try live tv or dvr.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I thought I saw something about creating a new account to fix this issue. Not sure if this still holds true or not but maybe worth a try and see. If I am not mistaking, you can even create the new account with the same credentials.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am getting connection failed. Check your login credentials but when I go online and sign it, it works fine. This happens when I try live tv or dvr.
I thought I saw something about creating a new account to fix this issue. Not sure if this still holds true or not but maybe worth a try and see. If I am not mistaking, you can even create the new account with the same credentials.
Generally when I see this it is an issue with the creds. However, if this was working and suddenly stopped it could be something different. I would try doing a Force Clear Token in the settings. This can sometimes fix this issue. If not then I would need a log or more info.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
USTVnow has removed NBC, NBCSN, and CNBC. I am not sure if this is permanent. However, when I contacted them they told me that it was a change that was "outside of their control". So I imagine these channels will not be coming back anytime soon.

I would recommend that everyone go into the USTVnow Guide settings and do DB Reset. This will ensure that those channels will not show up in the guide.

Last edited:

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Looks like the NBC stations are back!

I will also be pushing an update soon that gives access to the USTVnow Guide settings from the USTVnow Plus settings.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
So apparently the following channels are no longer included for free or paid customers.

NBC, CNBC, NBCSN

They are still providing these to paid customers with accounts that were opened before the change. I am not sure what they are doing with free accounts opened before the change.

nmyshkin

Sep 23, 2014
I've been recording Jeopardy for the past week or so because it's blacked out here due to the Olympics. Free account of long standing, current add-on, Krypton 17.6.

The experience has been terrible, with starts, stops, closures every few minutes or so. This is not normal, in my experience. Tonight it was so bad I thought I'd just take a look at their website. I was able to watch the entire episode there (full screen) without incident, even force skipping commercials.

Has anyone else been seeing issues with free DVR recordings? Do the input stream adaptive or rtmp addons in Krypton interact in any way with these streams?

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I've been recording Jeopardy for the past week or so because it's blacked out here due to the Olympics. Free account of long standing, current add-on, Krypton 17.6.

The experience has been terrible, with starts, stops, closures every few minutes or so. This is not normal, in my experience. Tonight it was so bad I thought I'd just take a look at their website. I was able to watch the entire episode there (full screen) without incident, even force skipping commercials.

Has anyone else been seeing issues with free DVR recordings? Do the input stream adaptive or rtmp addons in Krypton interact in any way with these streams?
I have not used the DVR functions much lately but I have noticed some very odd issues for the last month with streaming in general. It is on my paid account and I finally got their support to make some changes on my account that seems to have fixed things.

I am not sure how the adaptive or rtmp plugins really work. I know that I haven't implemented anything to use them.

aftershocks

Aug 5, 2016
It seems like the channels keep getting less and less.. Ustvnow keeps removing them.. I can't even watch the Olympics anymore. Grrrrrrrr.