Bug USTVnow Plus plugin is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodi

Jan 17, 2017
Over the last few days one by one channels started not working (they work when I go through USTVnow site or smarttv portal), I'm not talking about problems they had with FOX and some other channels, I'm talking about most of the channels (at this point none of them are loading through kodi). Channels like CNN, Cartoon Network stopped working (through the kodi) few days ago. Just few moments ago even that MY9 channel stopped working.

In error log it mentiones "CDVD" errors for some channels, not sure if USTVnow is changing endpoints or whatnots, but this is a bad look, I hate to use USTVnow site to choose channels and this plugin was a real life saver, but now it's just 95% dead.

Hopefully we get some updates pretty soon.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Over the last few days one by one channels started not working (they work when I go through USTVnow site or smarttv portal), I'm not talking about problems they had with FOX and some other channels, I'm talking about most of the channels (at this point none of them are loading through kodi). Channels like CNN, Cartoon Network stopped working (through the kodi) few days ago. Just few moments ago even that MY9 channel stopped working.

In error log it mentiones "CDVD" errors for some channels, not sure if USTVnow is changing endpoints or whatnots, but this is a bad look, I hate to use USTVnow site to choose channels and this plugin was a real life saver, but now it's just 95% dead.

Hopefully we get some updates pretty soon.
I am aware of the issues. I am working on figuring out what exactly is going on. So far it seems that there is an issue on the USTVnow service. They haven't changed things that would require changes in the addon. However, they have been making changes on the backend authentication stuff and I believe they have messed things up. I am in contact with them and am working to resolve things. The issues also present themselves in a browser however, there seems to be some sort of fallback in the browser that masks the issues and I haven't figured it out yet.

I am going to close this thread since we are starting to have multiple threads to cover this topic. Please keep up with things in the main release thread

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C USTVnow 4
L USTVnow 5
C USTVnow 16