USTVNow won't play.

RAJ484

May 26, 2016
My USTVNow addon won't play from my Kodi. It WILL play from the website and my laptop. Have Kodi Krypton 17.1 downloaded to my laptop also. Also, the USTVNow Guide won't load. It just keeps spinning saying its "getting content". Here are my logs and the last thing I tried was USTVNow Guide. I am also unable to us USTVNow on my Amazon Fire TV Box. But it has Kodi Jarvis 16 on it. This log is just from the Krypton on the laptop.
https://logs.tvaddons.co/psfmqhiwk
Thanks for any help.
P.S.
I did go in and turn on the setting for "streaming live content"

Dezdave

Apr 4, 2017
I am having the exact same issue. I can use USTV Now Plus on my laptop. Account is fine. Cannot get a stream on any box using 17.1 or 16. Click Live TV and current programs show on screen but will not open. TV Guide opens fine but again does not respond.

tapcon3283

Mar 3, 2016
I have run into this issue before myself. I have used a couple of solutions to resolve this problem. First, verify that you have installed the latest updateof USTVNow Plus and even if it shows that you are running the latest version, re-install the update. If that doesn't correct the issue, I have found that using the USTVNow Guide is a viable workaround and will allow you to play content.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
My USTVNow addon won't play from my Kodi. It WILL play from the website and my laptop. Have Kodi Krypton 17.1 downloaded to my laptop also. Also, the USTVNow Guide won't load. It just keeps spinning saying its "getting content". Here are my logs and the last thing I tried was USTVNow Guide. I am also unable to us USTVNow on my Amazon Fire TV Box. But it has Kodi Jarvis 16 on it. This log is just from the Krypton on the laptop.
Thanks for any help.
P.S.
I am having the exact same issue. I can use USTV Now Plus on my laptop. Account is fine. Cannot get a stream on any box using 17.1 or 16. Click Live TV and current programs show on screen but will not open. TV Guide opens fine but again does not respond.
I have run into this issue before myself. I have used a couple of solutions to resolve this problem. First, verify that you have installed the latest updateof USTVNow Plus and even if it shows that you are running the latest version, re-install the update. If that doesn't correct the issue, I have found that using the USTVNow Guide is a viable workaround and will allow you to play content.
If you have a paid account you should contact support and request that your account be moved to a new server. Just tell them that playback is choppy in Chrome. If you have a free account then I would recommend that you create a new one.

I am not sure why but when they make changes it seems to mess up something with authentication. It can be tricky since it doesn't always happen in a web browser since you may be hitting different streams in the browser. I just know that when this happens the above generally fixes things.

paul34949

Oct 4, 2016
On my Mac running Kodi I upgraded to Krypton, and as I recall I was subsequently unable to watch USTVNow. I've gone as far as deleting my account and re-registering (using Facebook) but still no dice. I am able to watch USTVNow using my Safari browser on the Mac.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
On my Mac running Kodi I upgraded to Krypton, and as I recall I was subsequently unable to watch USTVNow. I've gone as far as deleting my account and re-registering (using Facebook) but still no dice. I am able to watch USTVNow using my Safari browser on the Mac.
I have seen issues in Kodi 17 but it works for me.

paul34949

Oct 4, 2016
I have seen issues in Kodi 17 but it works for me.
I'm interested in hearing from people who had problems and fixed them. Or tips from anyone on what to try. Eventually I'll probably figure out what's wrong but help from someone would speed the process. :)

Sorcefm

Apr 11, 2017
Thanks for any help.
P.S.
Yes it will work, the fix is goto ustvnow website create a new email an password, the goto email except it. Now video add on change user to match, make sure u change medium to HD and then try, it works. Enjoy

Sorcefm

Apr 11, 2017
The fix is to create a totally new email account an password, then goto email except it. Then video add ons input the new info also change medium to HD and enjoy. Works perfect.

Sorcefm

Apr 11, 2017
Pass on this fix to everyone. U have to create a totally new email account an password. At the ustvnow website. Change medium to HD to get better quality.

Sorcefm

Apr 11, 2017
Ustvnow Fix Kodi 17.1

Ustvnow issues no more. The fix is create a totally new email an password, goto email an except it. Then video add ons input new info change medium to HD to get better quality. Enjoy

Sorcefm

Apr 11, 2017
Nope thats not the solution, u need create a new email account an password, goto ur email an activate it. Then goto video add ons an input new info, make sure u change medium to HD. Enjoy

tomw37066

Mar 21, 2017
Not A Fix

Nope thats not the solution, u need create a new email account an password, goto ur email an activate it. Then goto video add ons an input new info, make sure u change medium to HD. Enjoy
Was going to give it a shot but got this:

"Email registration is not currently available, try with Social Platforms (Facebook or Google).
If this failure persists, please open a ticket."

A new email account every time it quits isn't a fix; it's a band aid. I'm not going to create multiple email or facebook accounts simply to connect. Surely there is a real solution! :cool:

sniper33

Dec 8, 2015
Great White North
I did exactly what you posted with a new email account and password but it doesn't work. I get a credentials failed, email and password don't match error message. However, it works on my PC when I log in with Chrome.

old dude

Apr 10, 2017
The fix is to create a totally new email account an password, then goto email except it. Then video add ons input the new info also change medium to HD and enjoy. Works perfect.
I was having a problem opening a channel. Got that far and either had swirly and dropped off or got the credentials window. Got advice on a different forum to set up a new account at ustvnow (thanks Meep and Ravrob.) I used the delete button at ustvnow to delete old account. and set up a new account with same email and password. Had to wait for comformation e-mail, but working on both laptop and tablet now. I don't have enough knowledge to know, but is it necessary to establish a new account using a different email? Thanks.

Kragmeister

Jul 6, 2016
I am not sure that the issue has to do with IP adresses. I am using the addon with 3 different devices, one using SPMC with KitKat, a tablet and a marshmallow based tv box with Krypton. The addon will not play on any of them. However, I can use a Web browser to log in and play on the devices on the same WIFI connection through the same ISP from the same IP address.