USTVNow won't play.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am not sure that the issue has to do with IP adresses. I am using the addon with 3 different devices, one using SPMC with KitKat, a tablet and a marshmallow based tv box with Krypton. The addon will not play on any of them. However, I can use a Web browser to log in and play on the devices on the same WIFI connection through the same ISP from the same IP address.
Not sure if you have read the previous posts on this type of issue or not, or checked out the [GUIDELINES] Submitting Bug Reports.

There are some sort of issues with the USTVnow service which can cause issues connecting to the streaming servers via their API. It can be hard to diagnose and it can seem like there is an issue with the addon since you can use a browser on the same network. However, I have been able to isolate the vast majority of these issues to some sort of defect in their system.

So...

If you have a Free Account just create a new one.

If you have a Paid Account ask their support to move your account to a new server. Just don't mention Kodi or the addon since they will just say they don't support it.

I am assuming that your account worked previously in the USTVnow Plus addon. If so then the above steps should fix your issue. If your account never worked then it could be an issue with your login creds. For instance if you setup your account using Facebook/Google. That will not work with the addon.

I hope that helps.

Cowboy1968

Dec 11, 2015
Hi,

Unfortunately, creating a new FREE account will not fix the issue completely as you cannot sign up for a free account with an email/password you are forced to use the google+ or Facebook option and the addon requires a username/password combination so the facebook or google+ sign-in wont work. USTVNow has confirmed to me via email that "signing up with an email address is not available for free accounts and will not be for the foreseeable future".

Yes you can use the Free for 45 days option and after 45 days delete the account and resign up, but that is not ideal.

I have tried three different accounts, mine, my sisters and a friends and where they all work via the website, they do not play in the addon, yet the do show the account is active and lets you log in, just no streams will play. I have read here mention of that it could be something to do with the server the accounts are on, and it is possible that all 3 of the accounts I tired were on the same server, but I doubt it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
Hi,

Unfortunately, creating a new FREE account will not fix the issue completely as you cannot sign up for a free account with an email/password you are forced to use the google+ or Facebook option and the addon requires a username/password combination so the facebook or google+ sign-in wont work. USTVNow has confirmed to me via email that "signing up with an email address is not available for free accounts and will not be for the foreseeable future".

Yes you can use the Free for 45 days option and after 45 days delete the account and resign up, but that is not ideal.

I have tried three different accounts, mine, my sisters and a friends and where they all work via the website, they do not play in the addon, yet the do show the account is active and lets you log in, just no streams will play. I have read here mention of that it could be something to do with the server the accounts are on, and it is possible that all 3 of the accounts I tired were on the same server, but I doubt it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
I am not sure why they told you that.

Here is what I just tested.

I created a Free account with an email address and set my location to the United States (I did this step just to prove that they don't actually block if you are in the US).

I then clicked the Activation link that they emailed me.

I then updated my USTVnow Plus settings to the newly created USTVnow account with the account creds and voila I am watching USTVnow via the USTVnow Plus addon.

There has been some theories about the 45 day limit. However, I am still not convinced that they are actually doing this. The fact is that they are making and have been making tweaks in their system that breaks their stream auth on accounts. This has happened in the past, but not as much as lately.

The fix that I have proposed is not ideal. You are correct there. However, since the USTVnow Plus addon is simply using their API to pull in the streams I have no way to deal with issues in their system directly.

Neslo3296

Oct 28, 2017
USTV GUIDE not working

Yes it will work, the fix is goto ustvnow website create a new email an password, the goto email except (ACCEPT not except) it. Now video add on change user to match, make sure u change medium to HD and then try, it works. Enjoy
This "fix" did not work.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
This "fix" did not work.
There were some unrelated issues with the guide yesterday. I pushed an update to the USTVnow Guide addon. As soon as it is in the repo and you update that issue will be fixed. If you are still having issues I will need more info to be able to troubleshoot.