v12 Confluence changes after running Config Wizard

skydecks

Feb 18, 2013
Greetings from a forum noob/veteran of life. I want to say up front, thank you for a great media center platform. I just took the cord-cutting plunge and am loving the freedom I now have.

WARNING - This post is NOT about the missing individual "confluence" background images with the new v12/Frodo upgrade. I seem to be one of a few who enjoy having one background image within the XBMC tabs. I think the original confluence background image is pretty cool and enjoy it very much.

Pertaining to clean install of v12, my question is related to the following:

After running the Configuration Wizard, I noticed that the default Confluence background image was replaced with a new image which has "XBMCHUB.COM" branding and there appears to be no way of reverting back to the original, default Confluence background image. I see that there's a way to change the background image within the skin settings, and I would be happy to do this if I had the original, default image. However I've searched my system folders for the original image files... with no joy to this point.

I've searched both the Program File x64 and the "users/****/AppData/Roaming/XBMC.old" folder. Am I looking in the wrong places?

I enjoy what the wizard has done to configure XBMC, but I'm not happy with the XBMCHUB branded splash screen and background images. Is there a way I can revert back to the default skin settings while retaining the configuration changes from the wizard? Or, if not, how can I obtain a copy of the original background image for the Confluence skin? If that's not available, then I'd like to try my hand at developing my own. I dabble in image editing. What would be the parameters used for designing a new background image for XBMC? If I knew what size and file type to create an image in, I could do that as well.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

skydecks

Feb 18, 2013
Thank you! It's funny, I was looking in the wrong portion of the folders (imagine that, for a noob). I found the file locations for both the splash screen and the background images rather quickly. They've been replaced and all is well with the world again. Thank you for your reply!

In case anyone else was wondering, I took note of the default location of the background and splash screens, located here:

In the Program Files x86 pages;

Program Files (x86)/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds
Program Files (x86)/XBMC/media/Splash.png

In the Users/AppData/Roaming pages;

Users/*****/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/backgrounds
Users/*****/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/media/Splash.png

Happy hunting!!

Preali

Feb 20, 2013
I found this link: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/26/changing-background-images-in-xbmc/ , but I am in Frodo and when you go to system/settings/skin/ there is no "background" menu. From the appearance of the XBMC menus in the link it appears they are still in the Eden release. I have the new Frodo with the confluence skin and it was configured by the xmbchub wizard and this backgound menu does not appear. I have looked for some information about this on the forums but couldn't find anything so far except at this post. Any ideas of what to do? I could go into the directories and change the files but it would be easier to have the system settings and is this something that was left out of the confluence in frodo?

MtBikeNW

Feb 9, 2013
I am also looking for this fix, but for my appletv, I'll dink around today and if I figure it out, I'll post it here

MtBikeNW

Feb 9, 2013
I am also looking for this fix, but for my appletv, I'll dink around today and if I figure it out, I'll post it here
I used cyberduck to ssh into my apple tv. By default cyberduck opens up in the wrong folder, if you look above the the column "modified" you will see an up arrow for taking you back to a different part of the file structure, get to

/private/var, then to
mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence
there you will find the SKINDEFAULT.jpg and you can replace it with the reply #2 above

Then I went to the "media" folder which you will find at the bottom of the file structure you currently have open, when you open that there is a file "splash.png" note the .png file extension, if you copy the file linked above for the original skin it is a .jpg file, the one listed in the this file is a .png, I used a photo editor to save it in the .png format although I don't know if that matters,

After doing this I restarted my apple tv and there was peace in the valley,

I am not an advanced computer user, sometimes this stuff seems daunting to the average user (like myself) thanks to all in these forums who post fix's, ideas and the like. sure makes it easier

Thanks

Karman15

Oct 30, 2012
I used cyberduck to ssh into my apple tv. By default cyberduck opens up in the wrong folder, if you look above the the column "modified" you will see an up arrow for taking you back to a different part of the file structure, get to

/private/var, then to
mobile/library/preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence
there you will find the SKINDEFAULT.jpg and you can replace it with the reply #2 above

Then I went to the "media" folder which you will find at the bottom of the file structure you currently have open, when you open that there is a file "splash.png" note the .png file extension, if you copy the file linked above for the original skin it is a .jpg file, the one listed in the this file is a .png, I used a photo editor to save it in the .png format although I don't know if that matters,

After doing this I restarted my apple tv and there was peace in the valley,

I am not an advanced computer user, sometimes this stuff seems daunting to the average user (like myself) thanks to all in these forums who post fix's, ideas and the like. sure makes it easier

Thanks

Great! It worked! Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Wow. Talk about reviving the dead. This post from 2013 and you also revived an other one from 2014. Try and use the wizard. Not sure it is still the same background but that will be your best bet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Android Boxes 0
N Android Boxes 1
C Android Boxes 0