Video Problems With Kodi 15 and 15-1

clayw1pi

Jun 2, 2014
South Central Florida
I have both Kodi Version 15-1 and TVMC Kodi Version 14-2. I have no problems while running 14-2, but am experiencing video and audio problems when running movies or tv using Kodi 15-1. Initially I installed version 15 and I had pixelization of the video and the audio preceding the video. I updated to Kodi 15-1 and experiencing the same problems, not so much pixelization but jerkiness and lack of tracking between the audio and video. As I said I do not experience any of these type problems with the TVMC 14-2 implementation of Kodi 14-2. Is anyone else experiencing similar difficulty?

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
yeah i am having the exact same issues with a gbox mx2. and similar stuttering/jerkiness on linux. I havent tried anything with the linux pc but downgrading to 13.2 worked for the gbox. Playback is smooth and no audio issues with 720. I have to get a copy of 14.X yet and try that. I think it might be a Kodi issue because the exact same file/addon/show/source plays perfect in gotham. If thats the case i doubt there will be a fix for 15. Maybe 16 if we are lucky but from a post I have seen the nightly does the same so far.

I also tried turning off and on hardware acceleration. it had no effect

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Those boxes are dated and not really fit for purpose going forward. The guys at Kodi.tv have removed some old hacks from the Kodi framework which will not be re-added in any future releases. My advice would be to stick with Helix or buy new hardware.

Wodehouse

Jul 9, 2014
I'm also finding that 15.1 is not quite ready for primetime yet... with more "bugginess" than I find in my very smooth-running 14.2.

Perhaps it might be worth waiting for a later iteration of Isengard to get the very best experience possible .

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
As I said above, Isengard works very well on decent hardware, you'll be waiting a long time for a 'fix' for an old android box.

clayw1pi

Jun 2, 2014
South Central Florida
There's a saying that goes like this: "Don't Fix It if it Ain't Broke." My G-Box works fine, it plays the music, tv and movies that I like via TVMC 14-2 and I see no reason to change or upgrade my hardware so I can run software that has no visible advantages to me. So long as the G-Box works well with 14-2, I will continue to use it until it breaks or becomes completely obsolete!

baruchin

May 7, 2012
I'm experiencing exactly the same issues ever since Isengard betas. This is nothing to do with "old devices", I've experienced this even with a 4GB RAM Intel Core i3 PC, a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, and brand new Amazon Fire TVs, and sticks, and they evidently have the power to run Kodi, at least in specs. I obviously can't discuss these issues in Kodi official forums, but I've seen similar posts there too.
For me, playing HD live streams, or HD contents from an add-on is a no-no with Kodi 15+.
I don't think the future of Kodi is about running it in ultra high end devices only, if so, why is the Raspberry Pi community aren't having these kind of issues, or are they?

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
@FXB78 this is also doing it on my linux desktop pc (I have to check my windows install yet) lol. it just worse with the gbox and android. I can see where hardware can get outdated. Even on a desktop pc. but I dont think thats whats happening here. what it looks like to me (but I could be wrong) is that 15 is just a resource hog, has memory leaks , or something along those lines. But again I dont remember helix having this problem and I know gotham works perfectly on the gbox

Also on the linux pc, the cpu usage is going crazy just sitting there. one core is fluctuating wildly between 30 and 100%. I think there might be an issue with it. Unless they only intended it to be used on an i7 core. lol

Last edited:

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
I spoke with matricom and they are working on a firmware update (1.4) that should fix the issue that .org forced into kodi 15+.
if you are downgrading, make sure you back it up, clear the cache, and clear data before before you uninstall.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

AL8782

Jan 17, 2014
I have OpenELEC Linux 5.95 running 15.0 Isengard and it works fine. Get rid of Android on these boxes and use Linux.

wwwbust

Sep 3, 2015
I have OpenELEC Linux 5.95 running 15.0 Isengard and it works fine. Get rid of Android on these boxes and use Linux.
I have gbox midnight mx2. will this openelec linux 5.95 work on gbox midnight mx2 with this 15.0 isengard? or is this a diffent box?
thank you