Video tries to play but cancels after linking with Real Debrid.

Votandrums

Oct 21, 2018
1 hour ago

Ok so I've had kodi for over a year. I just updated to 17.6. I have a windows machine running windows 10 64 bit I believe. The issue I'm having is I just linked with Real Debrid because I wasn't getting any streams at all on pretty much anything. Now I get tons of streams most HD which is awesome. When I select a stream I get the usual dialog box with the option to cancel then the waiting wheel comes up for a split second. Then it goes back to the stream selection screen. It does this on every stream I pick 1080p,720p or standard definition. I've updated and reconnected all url resolves. I've cleared all caches, restarted lodi numerous times without any success. I currently dont have a VPN because I read numerous places one isnt needed with Real Debrid only unless your ISP blocks Real Debrid. Could that be the case? I'm literally about to pull my hair out. I haven't been able to get kodi to work really well at all since updating. The addons I use are mainly ******** and Y*da which are ****** forks i believe.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
This could happen if your Real Debrid subscription ran out. Please check that your subscription is still valid. A free subscription will not work well, if at all, with any addons. See how many days you have remaining in your subscription.

We can't help much with your problem other than some generic comments because the addons you are using are not supported here and are considered infringing.

Votandrums

Oct 21, 2018
I wasn't aware that the addons I listed were banned from forum discussion. I looked for forum rules and could not find anywhere that listed which addons would be banned content. I saw see the sticky in the beginner forum and read that. For that I'm sorry. I'm doing want to cause any trouble I just need help. As far as my subscription I just signed up and linked Real Debrid last night. I signed up for a 6 mo amount. I got it to where all of the sources show up when searching for a movie to watch the problem is actually getting them to play once I choose which stream I want.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
No problems about the rules. It can be daunting to figure out what is allowed and what isn't when you get on a new forum. No worries. For a list of infringing addons, check the link in my signature.

Here is what you could try. Go to Settings>Addons>Dependencies>ResolveURl
In there, reset the function cache, then disable the function cache (I can't figure out what it actually does), then reset the authorization. Restart Kodi. Go back in this same location and finally, re-authorize the device.

Let me know if this worked for you. If it doesn't work, you will need to post a log for the devs to look at. I can't read logs myself.