Viewing subscribed and library shows

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
Hi

I am having a problem with subscribing to shows. I followed the process outlined in a youtube video, basically subscribing to the show and then "get videos" pointing to the link that TV shows are stored in. I end up with strm files in the destination directory but when I try to view any of the shows, I get an error and the file does not play. I am obviously missing a step in the process. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Basically I want to subscribe to some shows and copy others to my library. On the matricom mx2, the default location for the libraries starts with special://, but none of the path options point to that location and I cannot locate that path in file manager. On XBMC on my pc, I can choose home folder which maps to Users/{name}/Appdata/Roaming/XBMC but there is no home folder location on the mx2.

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about this unit, which I really like.

Thanks in advance.

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
Maybe I should have asked the question differently. Could someone please show me how to subscribe to shows and copy shows to a library. What happens to me is that, although I do get a directory tree with strm files for past shows, I must not be subscribed properly because future shows do not show up. I would appreciate a blow by blow explanation of how to subscribe to shows. I have a matricom mx2. Thank you.

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
Did you follow this tutorial? (From 1:40)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBAVw2VbbXc&desktop_uri=/watch?v=eBAVw2VbbXc

I know you can set your location to one you can find, in the addon settings, I had to do that for my Ouya first.
Be sure to follow all steps, incl. setting the right scraper.
I thought I did follow all the steps but I am going to try again following that video. I had followed a different video. As for the location, on the matricom mx2 the path starts with special:// and I don't know where to find that. For testing purposes, I changed the path to a share on my pc but I would like to keep the default if I could. I'll try again and let you know how I make out. Thanks.

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
When you go to add the folder as a source, what options do you have?
HI

I have left the path at the default (special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.1Ch**nel). With the matricom mx2, in the choice of sources, there is no special:// path. I have got around the issue by manually entering the path but it is a laborious process and there must be a way to be able to browse to the appropriate path.

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
There is. Special:// is translated to something different in each platform. I need to know what options you have to tell you which one it is

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
There is. Special:// is translated to something different in each platform. I need to know what options you have to tell you which one it is
External Storage; Music playlists; Network File System; Root file system; SAP Streams; UPNP devices: Windows Network (SMB).

Another quirky thing is that Windows network used to give me my PC shares when I selected it, now it only gives me the two dots and I have to physically put in the shares.

Thanks.

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
External Storage; Music playlists; Network File System; Root file system; SAP Streams; UPNP devices: Windows Network (SMB).

Another quirky thing is that Windows network used to give me my PC shares when I selected it, now it only gives me the two dots and I have to physically put in the shares.

Thanks.
I think I have figured this out. If I choose External Storage, one of the options there is Android and I can follow that tree all the way to appropriate folder. I still don't understand why there is no option starting with special://. If there is another way of doing this, I would be interested in knowing about it. Thanks.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ etc etc.........

I don't understand why you are concerned about the special:// aspect when you have seemingly found the answer? As has been said earlier this differs on each device.

va3jlf

Dec 18, 2013
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/ etc etc.........

I don't understand why you are concerned about the special:// aspect when you have seemingly found the answer? As has been said earlier this differs on each device.

I'm not worried about it. Being a geek by nature, I'm just curious how the special:// translates to the proper path. But not to worry. Anyway, I wanted to let people know that I had found my answer and what the answer was, for future reference. Thanks for your help.