VPN & a few issues....

rudolfsmate

Dec 20, 2015
I've got the 2nd gen Fire TV along with my ISP being BT. I'd like to use a VPN either on the box or on a router (whichever is best) however I'm not sure which direction to go in.

Would really appreciate if anyone could give pointers. I currently have SmartDNS which has a VPN service however I appreciate I may need to look at other options.

Ta

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
you may find some difficulty in finding a vpn provider that supports the firestick by having an app specifically for it...for sure PIA's android app causes issues making it unusable...

...you may see blogs telling you it works but i assure you it doesn't, at least with the current amazon firmware version on either the 1st or 2nd Generation firesticks ..i have both....

i personally use the vpn on a router which gives protection for every device connected, including my firesticks, although you have to take a greater hit with respect to bandwidth

Last edited:

rudolfsmate

Dec 20, 2015
I bit the bullet and tried IPVanish grabbing the app from the Play store. It wouldn't connect however I noticed the app itself looked different from the one shown in the walkthrough by that Seo guy. I grabbed the app from the place he had listed and it worked perfectly.

I actually tried several before finally trying Vanish. The main reason I tried them last was because they seemed the most expensive and I wasn't exactly happy. That said the Seo guy had 25% off which brought it down to around the same as it's competitors.

I've only taken it out for a month to see if it worked and I'm not convinced I actually need it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Video Addons 7
F Kodi Support 2
B Kodi Support 1