Request VPN and Kodi

mssnyder1

Dec 13, 2016
Hi....I have a VPN running on my computer (win 10) and using a firestick on the TV with kodi. When the VPN is active does that protect the Firestick or just activities on the computer ?

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Hi....I have a VPN running on my computer (win 10) and using a firestick on the TV with kodi. When the VPN is active does that protect the Firestick or just activities on the TV ?
I would think just activities on the Computer, and nothing else. Open up a web browser on your firestick and go to whatsmyip.org & compare that with the same result on your computer's browser. You will likely find the IP addresses are different.

mssnyder1

Dec 13, 2016
Is it possible to put the vpn on the firestick directly. If not, is there any way to incorporate protection into the system , or is it not needed.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Is it possible to put the vpn on the firestick directly. If not, is there any way to incorporate protection into the system , or is it not needed.
Many routers allow you to enter VPN info into their settings, this will then force every device on the network to use the VPN... If you don't want every device to use the VPN you can easily hard wire a second router to your first one and configure one router to use the VPN and the other to use the Plain Jane Internet, then just make sure to configure your devices to connect to the appropriate router...

As said check an online IP site in a browser to confirm the device is or isn't using the VPN...

mariad

Mar 3, 2017
I think i read somewhere you can use a vpn with your firestick. Am i allowed to share the link of that article? I can share it for you.