VPN only on kodi

Sanchezuk

Mar 28, 2017
Hi, guys

Does anyone on of a Vpn setup so it's only used when kodi is running?

I am looking for a vpn or a setup for my computer. So when I start kodi it does a vpn via its own application and only kodi data use this vpn,

Has anyone got this setup? It is there an application I could use?

Sanchezuk

psilo23

Oct 12, 2017
I guess those replies don't answer the question.

There is no easy way to setup a VPN only for a certain application.
What you could try is to use a Proxy instead of a VPN and configure the Proxy inside the options of KODI.
If you configure it like that, only "KODI data" will go through the Proxy, so you can circumvent Geoblocking without using a VPN.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Sorry, this forum is English only. As for your VPN, if it stops working in the future, it will be time to get one then.

Lo sentimos, este foro es solo en inglés. En cuanto a su VPN, si deja de funcionar en el futuro, será hora de obtener una entonces.

Joanalin

Apr 18, 2018
I don't really understand your question. Why do you want a separate VPN traffic? I use NordVPN for all of my connections and works great. You can add up to 6 devices.

califire21

May 7, 2016
I guess those replies don't answer the question.

There is no easy way to setup a VPN only for a certain application.
What you could try is to use a Proxy instead of a VPN and configure the Proxy inside the options of KODI.
If you configure it like that, only "KODI data" will go through the Proxy, so you can circumvent Geoblocking without using a VPN.
Hi Psilo23 - This is Interesting. Would you be able to give me a step by step instruction on how to set up Kodi?

micjustin33

Feb 10, 2014
The use of VPN could help to mitigate the Man in the Middle attacks but fail to prevent it entirely. There is a small space that hacker could intercept the traffic between add-on repository and VPN server.

But is Kodi Safe without VPN? as there most of addons developed by 3rd party so is it good to use it on devices without encryption.

PrimeFunkMafia

May 24, 2018
Hi. You can read about Kodi and VPNs for it here. Why there's a need for it? So it could save your ass if you illegally use copyrighted stuff :)

motts1966

Nov 9, 2018
Hello folks i finally got my registration completed i have a number of questions about my vpn /ipvanish iwould like to access some addons from europe having no luck getting streams