Watched/not watched

stankoprowski

May 15, 2016
Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, Mexico
Let me start by saying that streaming appears to be caused by magic. I've used the Confluence skin forever except for a few days when I bought my Fire TV that came with a Titanium(?) build which didn't do one thing that I wanted. Marking programs watched/unwatched with a check-mark. Confluence does or did. My problem appears to have started when I tried to use Kodi's Library function to do some bookkeeping. I put some programs from my Favorites in Library. Well, all my watched history disappeared and TV seasons lost "most" of their content, ex. it showed episodes 1,6,13 and 22 and they were not selectable. I tried the "Clean Library" function but ut didn't work. After trying for a couple of days I found a Youtube video that showed my how to remove the titles manually. Didn't fix anything so the next genius idea was a Factory Restore. That got me back the title lists but not the watched history. Remembering the Titanium problem I started swapping skins. I noticed that these other skins would show titles but wouldn't open seasons or episodes so I went back to Confluence. Now of course it doesn't work either. If I search or open a favorite I get basically a blank screen with an upload icon in the upper right hand corner. No content, anywhere. Any ideas(remember this is a Fire TV and I'm not smart enough to change code etc.). One option is to Factory Reset Kodi again but using a backup. Manually loading 75-100 favorites is a PITA. Does anyone know if I can backup/restore using ES File Explorer? Fire TV says I have 3.75GB of free space and Kodi wants about 1.5 GB. In the mechanical world this could be a win-win situation but like I said this is all magic.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
I'm very intereste IF and what the solution is. The Kodi Boxes with Kodi 16 ánd 18.3 also suffer from the watched/unwatched problem, it stoppen suddenly after years of normal behaviour. Till this day no-one seems to have the answer other then to use the TRAKT function, but that function was NEVER neccessary , so.......why does it NOT work anymore ?

stankoprowski

May 15, 2016
Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, Mexico
After spending to many hours looking for a way to backup Kodi using the Firestick memory wiyh my skill-set I noticed that more of my favorites disappeared. Not much reason to back up so I bit the bullet. Here's the path I took. Kodi/Indigo/Factory Restore(saving Indigo). With a n empty Kodi I changed to the Confluence skin(personal favorite)/ installed Ex**us( I'm not a big fan of builds)/ picked a program at random and clicked watched then unwatched and it worked. Yeah. Out of 50 or more selections I found one program(a movie) that wouldn't accept the change. Kodi locked up and the working wheel in the lower right kept turning over night. I'm able to go into Firestick settings and stop/start Kodi. I can live with a 1-2% problem especially if it;s a movie. I sure miss XBMC/1Ch**nel.

Reactions: capslock

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You might need to flush the cache. A maintenance tool such as Indigo would do the trick. See if that helps. If the problem 0ersists, post a log.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
For months I've posted the error with "watched/not-watched" on several forums, NO ONE knows the reason, the only tip that they have is TRAKT, but TRAKT was néver necessary for the "watched/not-watched function. The official Kodi-people give no response.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You don't need to move your log to PC to post it. Just use Indigo to post your log, you get a link to the posted log in your email. Post the link here.
See my signature for a how to.

Maritimer

Apr 4, 2020
Hi I'm curious if anyone has a fix for this. i reinstalled Kodi 18 leia for another reason and the watched indicator is no longer working.
i'm using the default skin on a nividia Sheild for my own shows via WD My Cloud NAS directly connected.
As others have said -i also would not rather install yet another addon like trakt.
i assume there is a setting among the million others that i can configure within kodi to fix this.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Sorry I cant help. When I had a similar problem, only trakt fixed it for me. I get that you don't want yet another addon but maybe give it a whirl and see if it fixes your issues. You can always uninstall it once tested if you don't like it.

Maritimer

Apr 4, 2020
Hi Folks,
I'm writing to give you an update on my experience with this issue.
It seems my problem has fixed itself. after watching a show on Sunday I noticed that the tick marks were back. I did NOT do anything specific to fix the problem. I did install several add ons to Kodi but i cant articulate what might have caused it to be fixed.