Weird Kodi problem - most (but not all) addons taking forever to load lists.

meehog

Dec 13, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this one. I'll apologise for the long post, but I want to try and give as much info as possible to try and get a solution.

Been using Kodi for years, mainly on a Windows 7 pc. I'm certainly not an expert, but not a novice either, and Saturday, I loaded up Ex**us, but when you get to the point where you need to load a list, such as People Watching, or Most Popular, Trakt collections etc, it takes literally minutes to move to the next page, i.e to the individual shows, then into the seasons of a particular show, then into a particular season etc. When I finally make it to an episode or movie list, it doesn't find any streams. This is also the same in SA*TS, Pho*nix, BOB, and loads of others. I've found some that work with no issues whatsoever, like Maverick TV, NJM live, an addon called Sanctuary, Zem *V and maybe a few others.

The weird thing is, I have this issue no matter what I do. I tried updating my Paradox build, I cleared all caches etc, I deleted my profile folder and reinstalled Kodi (many times!), and just installed Ex**us on it's own, I tried TVMC, a fork of Kodi, I've restored my system using system restore, all to just get exactly the same problem. I even uninstalled my antivirus and firewall (ESET), to see if that was the problem, but no joy.

Kodi is still running perfectly well on my other devices, 2 firesticks and another windows 7 pc, so there's no issues with my internet (BT infinity 2). I didn't change any settings at all, either within Kodi, or on my pc or network, it just seemed to start happening, it had been working fine earlier in the day. The only thing I can think f, is I was trying to set up ace streams and Plexus, but couldn't get it working, not sure if that could be relevant?

Am I missing something obvious? I can't think of anything else to do now, except re-install Windows completely, which I really don't want to do. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Again, sorry for the long post.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and start the task manager, click on the Processes tab, sort the processes by CPU use... Start Kodi then Ex**us in a side by side window with the task manager so you can see both at the same time and see if any other program is possibly conflicting with Kodi by gobbling up CPU cycles when you do things in Kodi... Next shut down Kodi, click over to Memory tab and repeat... You can also click over to the network tab and see if there is something suspicious happening over there like a program gobbling up bandwidth...

This might help you narrow it down...

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I tried updating my Paradox build.
Get rid of your build and try again. We do not support nor discuss build on this forum. They bring too many problems that we can not troubleshoot. Do a fresh start, set Fusion as your source and install only addons from tvaddons.co and see if you still have this problem. I bet it will go away.

Note that if you prefer to keep your build, the solution is to go to your build creator and ask about him your problems.

meehog

Dec 13, 2016
Get rid of your build and try again. We do not support nor discuss build on this forum. They bring too many problems that we can not troubleshoot. Do a fresh start, set Fusion as your source and install only addons from tvaddons.co and see if you still have this problem. I bet it will go away.

Note that if you prefer to keep your build, the solution is to go to your build creator and ask about him your problems.
Hi, it's definitely not a build issue, I've already trying doing it on a fresh installation of Kodi, with Ex**us installed from the Fusion Repo, with the same result. I've even tried it on older versions of Kodi, a fork of Kodi, and on TVMC.

I'll try what Meep suggested tonight when I'm home from work, but I'm not convinced it's a bandwidth, or CPU / Memory issue, as I'm not experiencing any slowdown or lag on my pc, it just takes an age to load the lists. I don't even know if it would be worth trying to post a log, as it doesn't give me any error messages.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi, it's definitely not a build issue,
Doesn't matter, as long as you have a build on your device no one will try and troubleshoot it. Builds have just too many things that can go wrong and typically cause addons to not play well with others.

I don't even know if it would be worth trying to post a log.
If you need to post a log, be sure you don't have a build showing up on it. For the same reason as above.

It's just that builds and addons from other locations/forums cause issues with our. Trying to troubleshoot what others did to their addons and causes the problems you are having is very difficult. As I said, do a fresh start, set Fusion as your only source, install one or two addons from this forum and see if you still have the same problem. Then add one addon at a time until the problem starts happening again. Many of the addons you use are foreign to this forum. Do not install them when you do your fresh install. Just start with a couple of addons at first. Ex**us and Phonix or what ever. See if that works.

meehog

Dec 13, 2016
Doesn't matter, as long as you have a build on your device no one will try and troubleshoot it. Builds have just too many things that can go wrong and typically cause addons to not play well with others.
Sorry, I must not have made it clear, I don't have a build installed at the moment, just Ex**us installed from the Fusion repo, and I'm still having the same problem. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled Kodi quite a few times, with a fresh start, and I keep getting the same result every time, no matter how I have it configured, either with a build installed or without.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Sorry, I must not have made it clear, I don't have a build installed at the moment, just Ex**us installed from the Fusion repo, and I'm still having the same problem. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled Kodi quite a few times, with a fresh start, and I keep getting the same result every time, no matter how I have it configured, either with a build installed or without.
A fresh start might not be the solution. Instead, remove kodi completely including your profile folder. Reboot. Then reinstall Kodi with Fusion and Ex**us.

See if that helps.

EDIT: Here is some reasons why we do not support builds. Have a read
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-builds-risks/

Last edited:

meehog

Dec 13, 2016
Well, in a completely bizarre and unexplainable turn of events, everything started working as it should, without me doing anything, after it not working all week. Wish I knew what the problem had been, in case I encounter it again, but hey, it's working now, so I'm happy :) Thanks for the help and suggestions :)