Welp retired the ATV2 and just strictly Ouya

mookdog

Feb 9, 2013
Philadelphia , Pa
Well I retired the ATV2 and sold it. I now have 2 Ouyas....1 for me and 1 for my father. To tell u the truth the Ouya runs XBMC better then the ATV2 and the Pivos box I have in the living room. So if you aren't on the Ouya bandwagon yet I dont know what your waiting for. Just the emulators alone are worth it. I got mame4droid reloaded 1.3.3 sideloaded on it with 8700 roms lol Cant have to many arcade games. Now if I could just find a working version of Night Trap for Sega CD I'd be in business

Mookdog

Dizave619

Jul 22, 2013
Did you get any of the Capcom games to work like Marvel vs Capcom? I keep getting errors about missing a rom/chd. I have the bios but they still won't work.

mookdog

Feb 9, 2013
Philadelphia , Pa
Did you get any of the Capcom games to work like Marvel vs Capcom? I keep getting errors about missing a rom/chd. I have the bios but they still won't work.
Marvel vs Capcom works great u gotta make sure u have mame 0.139 roms otherwise it will continue to give u rom/chd errors on most roms

Dizave619

Jul 22, 2013
Thanks finally got the roms working. Are your roms on a USB flash drive connected to the Ouya? If so what format is the drive. I've read different formats that work like fat32 or ntfs.

mookdog

Feb 9, 2013
Philadelphia , Pa
Thanks finally got the roms working. Are your roms on a USB flash drive connected to the Ouya? If so what format is the drive. I've read different formats that work like fat32 or ntfs.
I believe my drive is fat32. I hooked up a 1TB external that I use for my roms lol nuttin better then 24 GB of mame Roms :)

Mookdog

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
ROMS can be installed in a number of ways. You can use the USB if the corret format is already there... you can also copy them to sdcard(primary OUYA storage) in a folder titled ROMS... you can do this with Dropbox... or a number of other options.

Jacksuarez7

Aug 17, 2012
Lads,

Can I ask which emulators you are using from the Ouya store and are there any you'd recommend?

Cheers

Jacksuarez7

Aug 17, 2012
Tried the SNES emulator for the first time last night and I have to admit I am mightily impressed - used the dropbox method to get the ROMS in place and they ran smoothly, it may take some time to figure out the game saves etc but I must say I am surprised at the speed and ease of access - thanks lads for the heads up!

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
I'm using fpse for ps1, working perfectly. Only tried one game, crash bandicoot, perfect though.
I found ePSXe ran all the psx games perfectly. If fpse is the emulator on ouya store it wasn't great at all. I've played Kula World (great puzzle game btw), Oddworld, Syphon Filter, Spyro The Dragon, Futurecop LAPD and a few others without problems. For SNES games whatever one is on ouya store worked fine and also downloads game covers which is good.

Last edited: