were are advanced settings when installing on ios iphone 4s

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Same place as atv2: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ :)
There is no advancedsettings.xml file as default though. (same as all other XBMC installations)

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
Same place as atv2: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ :)
There is no advancedsettings.xml file as default though. (same as all other XBMC installations)
do i enter this var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata in to were it says add sources then the same place i add the fustion add on
also
can you help i can open the add source on my iphone 4s i must have clicked it a thousend times with my one finger but nothing happening

i belive these are the settings i need to put in could you explain how to me please

<advancedsettings>

<network>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>

<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>

<latency>
<delay>0</delay>
</latency>

</advancedsettings>

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
I would never use the one from fusion because it has the setting of unlimited buffer which means it is allowed to take all your ram and beyond, a completely unnessesary and "no good" setting. If I did not have any problems I would not put one there at all, remember its left out for a reason and available if you have problems. If you do use the one from fusion I would edit it and delete the cachemembuffersize section. I can highly recommend the utilility "iFile" located on cydia it is a great file manager that lets you navigate the file system and practically do everything with files located on your iPhone or iPad including editing the file directly on the device and even upload files to the phone via a built in web server. (for example plugins or your own advancedsettings.xml)

Regarding adding a source you need to tap on add source with two fingers, it can be a bit tricky to get it right on the small screen (; but it should work it does on mine.

Edit: I would recommend using this advancedsettings.xml instead: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/xbmc-tweaks/459-recommended-xbmc-hub-advancedsettings-xml-3.html#post2899 post #28 it is much more uptodate especially for Eden.

Last edited:

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
Again sorry for all the edits.. :/
great i am kind of following you now i will tell you were i am at i have installed just the fustion source
and just to let you no i have i file and terminal on my iphone not sure how they work but if possiable you can give my a guide were i need to go and what i need to put were that would be great thank you
i belive this is what you wANT me to put in to my phone via i file

<advancedsettings>

<network>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>

<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>

<latency>
<delay>0</delay>
</latency>

</advancedsettings>

Please explain were i need to go to enter this imformation i have nevfer used i file ;(

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
In iFile you need to navi gate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ when iFile starts it usually is already located in the mobile dir that I made bold. Anyway there you will find advancedsettings.xml click on that and choose text viewer in the upper left corner there is a button called edit press this as it will allow you to make changes to the file either delete everything and type in the contents from the post I suggested (for some optimized results) if this is to much to begin with just delete the the line:
Code:
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
This line allows XBMC to use unlimited memory to buffer files, it is herein some misunderstaning of the setting lies for some people. It has nothing todo with buffering issues at all but only eats unnessesary memory which XBMC can make better use for and because the setting is unlimited it could even take all memory ending in a XBMC crash. It has been said many times but: Nothing you can put in advancedsettings.xml will solve buffer issues and the default size that XBMC chooses depends on the file thereby always choosing the best size for you automatically which is obviously much better.

-
You can also copy the contents from the post #28 then paste the contents to a file called advancedsettings.xml on a pc and then use the iFile built in web server to upload it to the right place which probably would be easier, but I think this is more than enough information at the time if you do not know how iFile functions in the first place. ;)

Last edited:

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
In iFile you need to navi gate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ when iFile starts it usually is already located in the mobile dir that I made bold. Anyway there you will find advancedsettings.xml click on that and choose text viewer in the upper left corner there is a button called edit press this as it will allow you to make changes to the file either delete everything and type in the contents from the post I suggested (for some optimized results) if this is to much to begin with just delete the the line:
Code:
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
This line allows XBMC to use unlimited memory to buffer files, it is herein some misunderstaning of the setting lies for some people. It has nothing todo with buffering issues at all but only eats unnessesary memory which XBMC can make better use for and because the setting is unlimited it could even take all memory ending in a XBMC crash. It has been said many times but: Nothing you can put in advancedsettings.xml will solve buffer issues and the default size that XBMC chooses depends on the file thereby always choosing the best size for you automatically which is obviously much better.

-
You can also copy the contents from the post #28 then paste the contents to a file called advancedsettings.xml on a pc and then use the iFile built in web server to upload it to the right place which probably would be easier, but I think this is more than enough information at the time if you do not know how iFile functions in the first place. ;)
In iFile you need to navi gate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/ when iFile starts it usually is already located in the mobile dir that I made bold. Anyway there you will find advancedsettings.xml
i dont have advance settings.xml
i went to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
my i file looks like this a picture of a file then addon_data
database
keymaps
peripheral_data
playlists
thumbnails
then word documnets i think they are guisettings.xml
LCD.xml
profiles.xml
Rssfeeds.xml
sources.xml

note the source fusion i thought i added is not working and not comeing up with any add ons repos or anythings so its not installed if this helps

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Ok I thought you copied it from fusion and therefore it would be there. You can create a new one in iFile in the place you are now press "edit" in the upper right corner, then press the "+" sign in lower left corner.

In the name field write advancedsettings.xml, in the type field choose regular file, owner and group should be left as mobile.
Now in the upper right corner press create. And lastly in the upper right corner again press "done".

You now have a blank advancedsettings.xml file in the folder. Press it choose text viewer then press "edit" in the upper left corner as described in the previous post and if you have patience enter the contents you just pasted from the post #28. It will give some small optimizations as described but there is also a saying if it ain't broken don't fix it. So if you do not have patience for typing all that you can also choose to go without any advancedsettings.xml file at all.

Anyway good luck with it all. :)

Last edited:

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
- You can also copy the contents from the post #28 then paste the contents to a file called advancedsettings.xml on a pc and then use the iFile built in web server to upload it to the right place which probably would be easier said:
or you could expalin what a nead to download on my windows laptop to be able to paste the contents in to a advancedsettings.xml on my pc and then kindly explain how to use ifiles built in web server to upload to correct place its up to you

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
You now have a blank advancedsettings.xml file in the folder. Press it choose text viewer then press "edit" in the upper left corner as described in the previous post and if you have patience enter the contents you just pasted from the post #28. It will give some small optimizations as described but there is also a saying if it ain't broken don't fix it. So if you do not have patience for typing all that you can also choose to go without any advancedsettings.xml file at all.

Anyway good luck with it all. :)
do i copy it exactly word for word how it is as described in #28?

and i would prefer to enter as its recommened bye you

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Yeah ok.. First you need to make sure your pc and iPhone are on the same network. Then in iFile press the number 2 icon in then bottom of the screen it looks like the wireless signal icon. A web server will start, now notice the line "accepting connections at http://ipnumber:80" go to your pc's Internet browser and type http://ipnumber:80 in the address line and the contents from your iPhone will pop up in the Internet browser again navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata now at the bottom under upload file: press the select file button and navigate to your prepared advancedsettings.xml file on the pc and choose it, next press the upload button.

You of cause need to prepare that advancedsettings.xml file first by pasting the contents into it. The file you can create in notepad and then just save as advancedsettings.xml make sure you do not choose .txt in the file type field when you save it otherwise it will end in .xml.txt (you can repair this later in iFile by renaming it if it happens though) Heh but better to get it right from the start.

The file is now uploaded to your iPhone a the right place you can verify it by shutting down the web server in iFile and refreshing the folder.

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
do i copy it exactly word for word how it is as described in #28?

and i would prefer to enter as its recommened bye you
Yes everything in the code field blank lines and indents does not matter though.
But I followed up on your request and explained the web sever method to. :)

Last edited:

podgey3874

May 17, 2012
Yeah ok.. First you need to make sure your pc and iPhone are on the same network. Then in iFile press the number 2 icon in then bottom of the screen it looks like the wireless signal icon. A web server will start, now notice the line "accepting connections at http://ipnumber:80" go to your pc's Internet browser and type http://ipnumber:80 in the address line and the contents from your iPhone will pop up in the Internet browser again navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata now at the bottom under upload file: press the select file button and navigate to your prepared advancedsettings.xml file on the pc and choose it, next press the upload button.

You of cause need to prepare that advancedsettings.xml file first by pasting the contents into it. The file you can create in notepad and then just save as advancedsettings.xml make sure you do not choose .txt when you save it otherwise it will end in .xml.txt you can repair this later in iFile by renaming it if it happens though. Heh
ok i will try this at home on my own network
so just to confirm in my webbrowser i need to enter http://MYIPNUMBER:80 is this correct (http;//192.168.1.**)
then my phone contents should pup up on screen correct?
then to copy n paste #28 in to notepad makeing sure i end the text with .xml and save file as asvancedsettings.xml on oc then upload am i correct?

also note i typed all #28 in to Ifile i managed to find the time
is it a good idea to install the fustion add on now or not or to install just the zip files i wish to use eg naxi-x and one channel

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
ok i will try this at home on my own network
so just to confirm in my webbrowser i need to enter http://MYIPNUMBER:80 is this correct (http;//192.168.1.**)
then my phone contents should pup up on screen correct?
then to copy n paste #28 in to notepad makeing sure i end the text with .xml and save file as asvancedsettings.xml on oc then upload am i correct?

also note i typed all #28 in to Ifile i managed to find the time
is it a good idea to install the fustion add on now or not or to install just the zip files i wish to use eg naxi-x and one channel
Yes exactly IFile will tell you the correct ip number (it is the ip number of your iPhone ofcause), in my case it was for example http://192.168.1.15:80

You can install the fusion installer now yes. Just to be sure you mean there where you had the problem where you could not add the source right?
Just click with two fingers on add source in XBMC file manager like I said its a bit tricky to hit that small line with two fingers but once you do you can add the source just as usual. :)

Last edited: