What antenna are you using? I have cut the cord need help.

jose8223

Aug 30, 2014
Have you cut the cord and setup an ota "over the air antenna i would like to know what your setup is.

please share and location i am in south Florida thanks.

ponghclub

Aug 3, 2014
I'm living in coop apartment in nyc cut the cord 3 years ago i connect my tv using flat antenna (place it on the wall) amplifier power by usb port it's pretty good get most major channel 2 4 5 7 9 ..... it's simple setup the most important you have to supplement what you're missing.... i bought fireTV with it i have kodi, Netflix, amazon prime, ******* and the amazing app(us live tv) it's free.. HBO aand BBC connect instantly.

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I recently hooked an old attic antenna up to an hdhomerun and it works great. The new hdhomerun add on in the kodi repo has really been working good.

coolbreeze

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks to all this is what i got from tvfool http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=82303e3382b696 just not sure what type of outdoor roof antenna to pick my house has no attic so that is not an option. therefor i would need to that can stand up to the sun and humidity her in homestead FL

any suggestions

all local radio shacks here have closed
Florida is so flat and you have good signals for the most part. I would suggest you first try a set of rabbit ears facing north. If that doesn't work well, try a Winegard FVHD30H on the roof. You should get satisfaction with one of those two.
How many TV's are being connected? More splitters, longer cable runs might call for an amp close to the antenna, before any splitter.
More details at reddit.com/r/cordcutters

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I applaud tv antenna useage! I think these antennas are best bang for the buck.

I have a clear channel antenna on my roof and I have it feeding into a Hauppauge usb hdtv recording dongle (I think it's a q850? ) that feeds into a silent fan less windows 8.1 computer which feeds into windows media center which allows me to record anything with a click of a button. So while I'm at work every day or while sleeping at night, I record all kinds of goodies.

Then I also have these little cheap Chinese hdtv antennas that look like a piece of cardboard on a stick behind each tv for independent antenna access for each tv.

I also pay for cable, my wife hates antenna tv lol, wait actually she pays for the cable.

Last edited:

jose8223

Aug 30, 2014
Florida is so flat and you have good signals for the most part. I would suggest you first try a set of rabbit ears facing north. If that doesn't work well, try a Winegard FVHD30H on the roof. You should get satisfaction with one of those two.
How many TV's are being connected? More splitters, longer cable runs might call for an amp close to the antenna, before any splitter.
More details at reddit.com/r/cordcutters

I would like to connect 4 to 5 tv's. I would also like to use the existing cables from satellite i disconnect as as cable lengths my house does not have an attic roof is concrete so cables run outside around the house to each room the farthest cable run goes from SE end of the house all the way to the west side of the house.