What nuc to buy

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I'm contemplating getting an nuc and I've looked on Amazon and seems so many different types and read some models have a fault on earlier models cannot remember what fault was but only affected certain versions but what's a good one to buy ?dont want one that's gonna bankrupt me cheers

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
In my opinion...it is less about WHIXH ONE TO BUY and more about picking the specs you want. If it is only for KODI than it won't take much.

These NUCS are usually designed with idea of you buying the content individually.

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I'm just looking for something really that will run kodi and something I can install open elec on too for cec
Looking to spend no more than 300 including memory hard drive and wifi

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Do you have one of the hp mini 200-010
I just bought it last night and it will arrive this Thursday. Very excited to try it out Haswell architecture. Been watching all the videos and reviews on it and am impressed. There's a thread here on this forum talking about it, someone has one here on this forum, I forget which thread it is.

At least you can start using it right out of the box if you want and the memory and ssd are removable and upgradable. Oh and it comes with a keyboard a mouse and windows 8.1 with Bing installed all for 179 bucks, can't beat it.

Last edited:

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
I have a DN2820FYKH which is a celeron. It's running Windows 8.1 and Kodi absolutely flies. I really do anything but use Kodi on it but it's handy having the full OS in case i want to download anything, run the odd app etc.

mrgee

Dec 18, 2014
I just bought it last night and it will arrive this Thursday. Very excited to try it out Haswell architecture. Been watching all the videos and reviews on it and am impressed. There's a thread here on this forum talking about it, someone has one here on this forum, I forget which thread it is.

At least you can start using it right out of the box if you want and the memory and ssd are removable and upgradable. Oh and it comes with a keyboard a mouse and windows 8.1 with Bing installed all for 179 bucks, can't beat it.
I'm liking the look and sound of this I'll be investigating further ... Where can I buy in uk ?

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
So if I'm going kodi only,I won't have any issues with this....I currently have aftvs but they randomly crash, and I love pseudo tv live which definitely would be nicer if it was quicker.
I've been looking at htpcs and just don't want to go too cheap and screw myself over

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
I'm running openelec, 4gb ram, 128 msata drive, hard wired ethernet, HDMI to onkyo a/v amp.
Using an airmouse keyboard from an old android box for a remote.
Boots in seconds and runs smooth as butter on any skin, bello is my skin of choice though.
Playback is perfect, even with high bitrate rips.
Its small enough to be hidden away.

I really can't complain about it, money well spent.

Rockcrusher

Oct 13, 2014
I am running 2 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1*,Crucial M550 128 GB SSD ,DDR3L Ram 3.5v 16 GB Patriot Openelec on both and am going to dual boot with Mac OSX absolutely love them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Video Addons 3
J Welcome Centre 2
J Home Theater PC (HTPC) 4