What should be developed next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
We're definitely not making any promises, but we're curious to hear from you guys about what you think should be developed next. It could be an addon, it could be a tool to simplify your Kodi experience, or something else entirely - as long as it's Kodi related. Hopefully we can use one of your ideas to create the next new big thing!

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
this may sound crazy but how about a game addon. i mean older games like donkey kong or pacman. i think it would be cool and that for me would complete kodi as an all in one media center.

deucecoupe

Nov 21, 2014
Hi
How about an art addon, focusing on art and artists including programs on how to paint (ie; such as Bob Ross), art history, dance and craft.
I have just discovered CarbonTV, it is a free channel after you register. Can this be added to TVaddons or is it available in a repository already? CarbonTV is an all action TV channel - hunting, PBR. fishing, outdoor etc..
Just some ideas, overall I think the addons provided by the current developers cover most facets and considering that they volunteer their time and effort they do an amazing job. When I read the Forum I am astounded by their patience and willingness to help.

Last edited:

pogo

Dec 15, 2015
this may sound crazy but how about a game addon. i mean older games like donkey kong or pacman. i think it would be cool and that for me would complete kodi as an all in one media center.
+1 for a game addon.

zoro

Nov 25, 2014
1) Live events/Sports addon with the logic of Ex**us or SA*TS.
What i mean about this:
At SA*TS or Ex**us you just decide what movie or tv-show you want to see and you let the addons to search at a lot of websites to return you link from what you want to see. That is a huge improvement compared with the past that there was addons who searching for links only at one site. Like that you went to first addon searching for the movie or tv-show if it was there good, if not then search again to second addon e.t.c.
It would be great if the same could happend for live events/sports addons. The user choose an event or game and the addon search at 10, 20 or whatever number websites and return the links who found for that event/sport. That way it will nobe necessary for the user to care about what site has links for the event or to use multible addons to find links for the event.

2) An addon like pvr iptvsimple who can handle multible lists.
I know there is the playlist loader but dont have the features the iptvsimple client has.
Thank you

Deefur

Feb 5, 2015
What i mean about this:
At SA*TS or Ex**us you just decide what movie or tv-show you want to see and you let the addons to search at a lot of websites to return you link from what you want to see. That is a huge improvement compared with the past that there was addons who searching for links only at one site. Like that you went to first addon searching for the movie or tv-show if it was there good, if not then search again to second addon e.t.c.
It would be great if the same could happend for live events/sports addons. The user choose an event or game and the addon search at 10, 20 or whatever number websites and return the links who found for that event/sport. That way it will nobe necessary for the user to care about what site has links for the event or to use multible addons to find links for the event.

I know there is the playlist loader but dont have the features the iptvsimple client has.
Thank you
^^^^This is a great idea.
Also really like the idea of a gaming addon too.
Either or for me[emoji1360]

bls4591

Jun 16, 2014
What i mean about this:

Thank you

I also like these ideas but why not something like IPTVsimple that can search for lists and add them with a click. Or better yet, just a reliable streaming live tv addon like TV Time was: something that launches well and doesn't hesitate or pixelate? I'm cutting the cable in 4 days but I'd hate to resort to paying for USTV Now. Anything like that would be tremendous if someone could make it more comprehensive for US and UK live channels. Willing to donate after a short free trial? You bet I would be. But USTV Now "is" very good if it could be used as a model. And thanks to anyone who might undertake something like these ideas. So many mediocre addons which I'm grateful for but with the tremendous devs out there, there almost has to be someone who can accomplish it. And MANY thanks to mhancoc7 for trying!

leelee1972

Apr 6, 2016
Hi
How about an art addon, focusing on art and artists including programs on how to paint (ie; such as Bob Ross), art history, dance and craft.
I have just discovered CarbonTV, it is a free channel after you register. Can this be added to TVaddons or is it available in a repository already? CarbonTV is an all action TV channel - hunting, PBR. fishing, outdoor etc..
Just some ideas, overall I think the addons provided by the current developers cover most facets and considering that they volunteer their time and effort they do an amazing job. When I read the Forum I am astounded by their patience and willingness to help.
Ditto! There are lots of History resources, but none of them seem to cover Art History (other than Music Hsitory).
Thanks!

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I also like these ideas but why not something like IPTVsimple that can search for lists and add them with a click. Or better yet, just a reliable streaming live tv addon like TV Time was: something that launches well and doesn't hesitate or pixelate? I'm cutting the cable in 4 days but I'd hate to resort to paying for USTV Now. Anything like that would be tremendous if someone could make it more comprehensive for US and UK live channels. Willing to donate after a short free trial? You bet I would be. But USTV Now "is" very good if it could be used as a model. And thanks to anyone who might undertake something like these ideas. So many mediocre addons which I'm grateful for but with the tremendous devs out there, there almost has to be someone who can accomplish it. And MANY thanks to mhancoc7 for trying!
Free Live TV streams are a waste of time, always will be. If you want reliable streams you would have to pay someone like USTVNow. As we saw with TV Time & countless other Live TV addons, as soon as they are released they get spammed all over YouTube & people put them on Builds and all the rest of it & they end up being crippled under the pressure after a few days. You'll never see a decent free service.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Would have to agree with this. This would allow easy use for a Tablet as Google CromeCast can be a bit laggy when casting the screen as it's not optimized to do that.
Agreed, I'd also like a dependable free way to stream to Kodi from tablet, phone or computer. Yes I know there are some options, but nothing great that is free IMHO.

Idok Fire

n2play

Apr 4, 2013
Hi
+1 for Carbon TV. It would be a tremendous addition to Kod's sports offerings. Massive library, and I enjoy watching the goofing off that goes on where PRB leaves the camera rolling where there would be commercial breaks. I usually watch it through my browser, but it's the one streamer I occasionally flip over to my old Roku for :)

shyguysam

Dec 16, 2013
Canada
I don't know how it would be done, but I'd like to find a way to lock the addons within TVAddons repo so the blood sucking leeches of the world can't steal it and make it their own. Any kind of combination of log ins, passwords, authentications from the forums etc. maybe, I don't know, I'm just spitballing here. There's got to be a way to lock out those miserable, C#&$#!%&*$ A$$*%(## and keep the addons and repos official from here.

baci

May 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Would love to see an easier way to report Spam in the fourm. To many steps at the moment. Can we not just have an option to just cllick for spam instead of typing it out everytime.

hfudge

May 12, 2012
How about a Kodi addon for the Real Debrid website, akin to the RD Android app. For starters, being able to play video links on the RD website from My Downloads and Torrents.

motorod

Jun 20, 2015
Maybe showing my ignorance here... after selecting something to watch I sometimes seem to spend a lot of time finding a hosting source that works. Seems like add-ons could automate that, like opening multiple connections on startup and selecting the one that works best. Perhaps some already do? I'd like to see more work in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.