What should be developed next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorod

Jun 20, 2015
Oh here's another suggestion. I have noticed that broken IPv6 will slow things to a crawl. I can only imagine that most of these users will give up in a hurry, concluding that the software sucks. Add-ons should be able to detect this problem and tell the user what's up.

danrad55

Jan 23, 2013
Would it be possible to add a "clear cache" and / or "clear packages" button(s) to use while watching a movie or tv program? Just like when you adjust volume, sound offset, etc? It would be great to have the option to do it while watching vs going out, clear cache and packages and going back to the movie. I also have issues after putting a movie on pause for an extended time and continuing. It will usually freeze after restart. Thanks again for a great site!

anmsr

Sep 9, 2013
can kodi use similar technique as download managers to get data simultaneously from all the sources if they have same file structure? if two sources have identical files, can kodi get its bits of data from both sources?

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Would it be possible to add a "clear cache" and / or "clear packages" button(s) to use while watching a movie or tv program? Just like when you adjust volume, sound offset, etc?
I'm not even sure why you would ever want to do this, just wait until you finished watching whatever you're watching. Clearing cache & packages won't solve anything other than freeing up a tiny bit of disk space. I've not done it for at least a year & have not seen any problems :) I think you are confusing exactly what these options do.

MarqueseL

May 5, 2016
Hello I am new to kodi and have only been using it a month. Although I have looked at some of the posts on the forum I only recently decided to join the forum. Kodi is amazing after only a week of using it I decided to cut cable. But after further investigation some key channels that I watch are not there.

Although I have noted that there are International channels for almost every major nationality, there are no add ons focused on African American channels. I know it might be easy to look at this demographic as a small subset of a larger population but Channels like OWN, TV One, and Centric are soaring in popularity. And these channels provide programming that no other channels provide.

Some key Urban channels include: OWN, Centric, , Bounce TV, TV ONE, Aspire TV, Urban Broadcast Universal Television (UBU), Black Television News Channel (BTNC), TV One, Black Family Channel/MBC Network, Urban Television Network, The Africa Channel (TAN)

There are also key programs on amazon and a new streaming service called Kweli TV that is like netflix for urban programming.
Is someone willing to develop an add on for this or tell me how to get this done. I am more than willing to provide input or work to assist.

WBalls

Feb 15, 2016
This is my first post and I definitely don't know as much about Kodi as most of you, but here are some of the things I've been daydreaming about...

1) An Addon where users can request content. Maybe buy tokens and use them to request specific content that isn't otherwise available.

2) A good Addon for recent game shows. It would be cool to binge watch all of this week's episodes of Jeopardy, Wheel Of Fortune, Price Is Right etc

3) An Addon that has funny clip montages and playlists. Vidtime had an "Epic Fails" section that my gf and I ran through fast.

4) An Addon that specializes in older TV reality TV shows. I'm a sucker for trash TV and there's a lot of old shows that I'd like to watch like: Blind Date, The Surreal Life, Jerry Springer etc that don't seem to be on any of the current Addons that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.