What's causing this?....Can it be fixed?

-LT-

Feb 1, 2018
The Base of Yggdrasil
Hey everybody! LT here, I hope you all are very well and in fine spirits. 💎
I've been having trouble with "opensubtitles.org." When I begin a KODI session, I first go into subtitles and log in. But it is about 60% of the time, I get a message that reads
"Your sign in in missing or invalid" And I get no subtitles. I have deaf in one ear and really do need subtitles so I don't have to have my volume up so loud I bust my speakers.
Hopefully, one of you learned folks will help me with this . What causes the Sign-in invalid message, and what can I do to perhaps stop the problem all together? I live in the Eastern US and use Opensubtitles.org. Thanks for any help.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I wish I could be of help but I don't use any subtitle addon. The video addons I use do not need any subtitle addon to show the subtitles. I am sure you have checked your credentials already. I would try and change my password and see if that fixes it. Uninstall, reboot Kodi, and reinstall Opensubtitles see if that works.

Reactions: -LT-

-LT-

Feb 1, 2018
The Base of Yggdrasil
Hey Double R!...Nice to hear from you. And as always, thank you for your effort. You're a Diamond! 💎
I will give this a try and let you know if it helps. It's strange, because the subtiltles sometimes work
just fine, without having to sign in...It just works. Other times, it hates us...lol and won't work at all.
I'll let you know, thanks again.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Do not use the opensubtitles addon from Kodi repo as it needs a sign in. Use the one provided by the opensubtitles.org guys themselves and it lets you use subtitles without sign-on
Code:
https://github.com/opensubtitles/service.subtitles.opensubtitles_by_opensubtitles

Reactions: -LT-

-LT-

Feb 1, 2018
The Base of Yggdrasil
Hello Gujal, Thanks very much for your suggestion. Always appreciated. 👍 I think I did exactly that when I first downloaded
Opensubtitles....But it has been a very long time since, so I think a fresh "Do-Over" may be in order. I will let you all know how it goes.
Again, thank you for the help.