Whats the best system for XBMC

HANNAH

Jun 26, 2013
I have been using a Matricom gbox for a while and it has worked well. Now we can't use some sites it is nowhere as good. I have tried the proxy as advertised but that won't work on this box. I have used the proxy quick fix and it works sometimes. Most times it won't access the film

What is the best way to access these again. Is there a box where you can alter the DNS or you can install a proxy. What is the best way forward.

HANNAH

Jun 26, 2013
Yes I have used this fix but most of the time it says that "no stream is available" when choosing a film. I have assumed that it is because the proxy is busy. Is there another box that is a bit more flexible where you can alter settings to take a new DNS or a VPN that will work.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
There is no best system for xbmc

The best sysytem for xbmc is......on that works for you

Everybody will tell you different as they prefer different devices and say others are rubbish,but then others will love the device that has been called rubbish by other people.Its a never ending circle.There is no answer that is correct

stammie

May 10, 2012
The Blue Nowhere
There is no best system for xbmc

The best sysytem for xbmc is......on that works for you

Everybody will tell you different as they prefer different devices and say others are rubbish,but then others will love the device that has been called rubbish by other people.Its a never ending circle.There is no answer that is correct
Well said, on any XBMC site you can find many threads with people saying this box is great with others saying no its not its rubbish.
The best box is the one that does what you need it to do and fits within your budget.

Decide exactly how you are going to use XBMC, how much money you have to spend and then do your research from there.
To use myself as an example, earlier in the year I participated in a long thread in the Android section about a new (then) Android stick I was setting up for a family member,
for what it did this little thing was great and the uses its put to in its home it does the job perfectly (others will say though that the limitations this cheap stick had makes it rubbish) but for my uses it just wouldn't be up to par and nothing less than full HTPC's will suffice for me, but I wouldn't dream of telling everyone that because an HTPC is best for me that they must go that route too.

I suspect if all HANNAH is doing is streaming via addons in XBMC then one of the many good Android boxes around in conjuction with a VPN would do the job