Where are the new Skins Folders when using Windows 7?

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
I've been strictly learning on the Fire Stick, but I'm a little lost with Windows. These are the folders I see in the fire stick, and windows 7. I'm not copying or restoring the same build. I'm working from scratch again on windows, but there is something strange.

Fire Stick
------------
-addons
-media
-temp
-userdata

Windows 7
------------
-Addons
-media
-sounds
-system
-userdata

The first thing I do with either platform is install fusion which makes "Confluence" the default, and the fire stick does not make a folder for Confluence in the addons folder. But any other skin I install, I would find the folder in the addons folder like Aeon Mq6. I then use ES file manager to do my thing. But in windows 7, by default it makes both the confluence and re-touch folders inside the addons folder. Just something I noticed that the fire stick doesn't do. Anyway, but after I install and play around with Mq6, I cannot find it anywhere. Am I not understanding something, or is my installation on windows 7 bad? I've uninstalled and re-installed KODI several times now, and after each install, I would do the fusion configuration, then add the mq6 skin, but the folder is never created.

One thing to note.. I notice in people's tutorial, their windows Kodi folder is under appdata/roaming, something like that. Mine is under programs files (x86). Am I installing it in the wrong place? I just always leave everything at default when installing, and this is where it's installing. Please advise, thank you.

elb888

Dec 6, 2015
Figured this out. Okay, so the appdata/roaming folders were the clues. I went into my folder settings to show HIDDEN folders. I found the Home Folder!