Where do kodi data files save on a computer?

DankNasty

May 16, 2012
I thought it would be like on an android device where there is a .kodi folder that has all the data. On pc when I go to the kodi folder it seems to only have stock kodi stuff and nothing that has been added... is that saved somewhere else on the computer?

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
In the search bar type %APPDATA% and click enter when it appears at the top of the list. Then click on the Kodi folder and everything is there. BTW if I ever want to delete anything like an add-on or repo I always do it here. Be careful though because delete means exactly that. I always back up my personal settings first and I carry the Kodi install file in my Downloads folder at all times.

Good luck.

DankNasty

May 16, 2012
In the search bar type %APPDATA% and click enter when it appears at the top of the list. Then click on the Kodi folder and everything is there. BTW if I ever want to delete anything like an add-on or repo I always do it here. Be careful though because delete means exactly that. I always back up my personal settings first and I carry the Kodi install file in my Downloads folder at all times.

Good luck.
Thank you. Do you know if this app data is transferable to an android version of kodi?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is transferable but you may have some path to update within Android. Especially if you have Library and the likes. You can also use the backup tool within Indigo and restore it on your Android box.

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
It is transferable but you may have some path to update within Android. Especially if you have Library and the likes. You can also use the backup tool within Indigo and restore it on your Android box.
Yes, as RavRob says. I have used Kodi’s own Backup/Restore tool to move data from Android to PC (so it should go the other way too). You just get told that the destination is different from the source.