Which Addon BROKE KODI ! Keeps rebooting

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Alright last night 2 of my RPI-2 with 6.0 opene elec and laptop with Windows 14.2 all of the sudden Crash all the same time !
The Laptop just has the popup saying Kodi has stopped working. The Pi's just boot up and after a minute or so they reboot !

Has to be a broken addon or repo

Anyone else having issues ?

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Well see over at the Kodi forum someone posted the same thing that Kodi is in a loop after PseudoTV update. Which Luna says its not his. Which I believe him. But some Repo or addon update last night has 3 of my KODI setup taking a shit :( Hate to reformat and start over !!!
So know one else is having trouble with Kodi rebooting in a loop ?

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
I dont have a pi so I dont know.
Is there a way to rename the kodi folder maybe from a bootable sd card?
Then you could get the old log and it might show which addon did it

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
I dont have a pi so I dont know.
Is there a way to rename the kodi folder maybe from a bootable sd card?
Then you could get the old log and it might show which addon did it
It is also doing it on my Laptop with W7x64 so I know its not only the Pi's doing it.

If I disconnect the Internet the laptop Kodi doesn't crash.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
You have alot of Repositorys installed and CCurlFile Errors on every other line.

I have no idea what caused it but assuming your internet is OK otherwise, you could try deleting your addons##.db file there's a chance it got corrupted, but whether it would cause these network errors I'm unsure.
It can be found in the userdata folder
Code:
_System specific__/userdata/Database/Addons##.db
Then reboot.
If it works, I would consider removing some of your repositorys a few are banned on here, and notorious for causing problems.

Rickt1962

Oct 30, 2013
Yea I kinda of figured that.... If you disconnect the internet it stops the Reboot loop. That's when I clicked on the debug log then reconnected the internet , then it crashed.

After deleting a lot of Repos it has now calmed down and runs fine... Was hoping someone else had the same situation or I was just a fluke.

So I can warn people which Addon caused it.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Sorry I personally can't tell what repository caused it from your log I'd have a educated guess but it would be unfair ;)
Glad you sorted it anyway