Which device do you use to run Kodi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Since more and more hardware devices have been hitting the market, we'd like to hear about what devices everyone is using to run Kodi. If you own more than one, please tell us which is your primary device first, then feel free to list the others. It would also be cool if you could give us a short review of your device as well, that way others can make educated decisions when purchasing their next devices.

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
lets see .......on my living room tv i have a tronsmart mxlll with 2g/8g. it seems to run ok. i leave it on 24hrs. a day and every couple of days i have to reboot it. if i dont weird things happen. on my bedroom tv i have a cs918 1g/8g android box. i also leave it running 24hrs. a day and never have to reboot it. it just keeps running. then i have my windows pc with a quadcore, 10g/1 terrabyte harddrive. that works like....well like a pc should. then for my carry around i have a lg 7" tablet that i use to watch kodi while i take a bath. aint nothing like sitting in hot soapy bubbles and watching movies. hahahahahaha.

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
Amazon Shield, 2 Fire Tv's, a stick, Macbook, and PC.

The Shield is the fastest but more expensive. The FTV's are fast enough and very reliable, with nice remotes. The stick is ok if you have very strong wifi.

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
Mx3-g is my main kodi box but also have a tronsmart mx3 plus and an mxq box plus I have kodi installed on my desktop gaming pc and laptop though I hardly use it on those devices.

Linda1222

Mar 10, 2016
Kodi Pho*nix valhalia

Since more and more hardware devices have been hitting the market, we'd like to hear about what devices everyone is using to run Kodi. If you own more than one, please tell us which is your primary device first, then feel free to list the others. It would also be cool if you could give us a short review of your device as well, that way others can make educated decisions when purchasing their next devices.
I'm using google. The name is matricom. What happened to rockcrusher? Never had a problem with that

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Wtf ?

You close all threads about hardware (and looks like deleted them all now and/ or moved them to dead forums which is crazy as they are full of useful info and a lot of peoples hard work and free time went into some of the work in those threads)so nobody can talk about that topic anymore and make people go sign up at another site if they want to discuss it,then you have now opened up a thread asking people to talk about hardware and even do reviews of hardware??

Whats going on? What is the point in saying and doing one thing and then doing exactly the opposite yourself :confused:

Last edited:

jldz

Jan 13, 2016
Have been using a tronsmart mxiii plus to run kodi run it well and never had any issue

gwilly7

May 26, 2014
Broncos Country
I have a windows 10 htpc with an geforce gtx 960 video card for hardware decoding hevc h.265 files. For the bedroom I have a little gigabyte brix windows 10 pc.

spideynut

May 3, 2015
Zoomtak T8H s905 1g, 16g. In the bedroom and a T8 plus s812 2g,16g in the living room.

Just upgraded to 16.0. Love the long press for context menu what an idea.

nemsis72

Jul 17, 2015
Boston
In the living room, I'm running Kodi on a HP Stream Mini PC with just OpenElec installed, no other operating system. And in the Bedroom I have an MX2 midnight android device with just OpenElec installed also. No Android operating system. And on my laptop running LinuxMint 17.3...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.