Which uses less storage: trakt tv vs adding to favorites

axxel6307

Aug 14, 2015
I'm wondering if adding tv shows and movies to Kodi favorites would use up more Fire Tv memory than using trakt to save favorites? I'm thinking all those favorites may create extra thumbnails? If so, would there be a way to clear them once in awhile without deleting favorites?

axxel6307

Aug 14, 2015
Also, can you think of any downsides to using Kodi favorites to save tv show shortcuts over using trakt, other than it not syncing across multiple devices like trakt lists will?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Thumbnails are created when you view a show/movie so you will get the same thumbnail whether you save to trakt or to Faves. The difference is that your faves create a DB on the device while saving to trakt creates the DB on Trakt.tv so not much of a space saving.

Saving to faves will normally only allow you to view your cached data in some addons such as Ex**us, SA*TS and others. But saving to Trakt and viewing your shows via the addon will allow you to view all data, not just the cached data.

My opinion!! People should let go of faves for long term viewing. This should be used for a short term storage and viewing experience. Trakt.tv is the way for long term storage.