Which VPN is Best?

pattinson

Jul 14, 2016
It really depends what you are using it for. I lived in China for many years (and still visit from time to time to see family). Many of the protocols that work in other locations have been blocked and China is getting better and better at disrupting VPN services.

I recommend ExpressVPN - they have multiple servers around the world and have protocols specifically created for use in China (including OpenWeb, StealthVPN, as well as OpenVPN and standard protocols such as IKEV2, IPsec, L2TP etc).

Many Other VPN services available also Here are many othere options Visit VPNgrades.com more than 5 best vpn services information availble here but my vote for always express

They have specific profiles that you can install on your iphone and other smartphones.

jonzen

Sep 1, 2015
i never connect to internet without vpn, no matter what. and vpn stops your isp from seeing what you connect to and what you dl and i do not liked being spied on. as far as good vpn, i have used private internet access for yrs. its cheap and doesnt log.

mariad

Mar 3, 2017
Have been using Purevpn with dedicated addon for around a year not exactly but yes. Have used it for torrents and since have most of the time working on a public connection i prefer to use a vpn. Would recommend PureVPN. Also not heavy on the pocket.

Trellaine

Sep 3, 2017
Purevpn and Kodi?

I have purevpn as well. Is there anyway to add this directly onto Kodi? I'm using a firestick.

Thanks

Trellaine

Sep 3, 2017
I actually contacted customer servuce and they don't have an addon for the firestick. I am trying ipvanish for a week. That's had trouble connecting.

atlantius21

Aug 12, 2016
If you want to buy, just wait for discont, and you cant get half pice sometime.
Usualy for halloween, black friday, xmas, new year..

I've been using AirVPN for a few years now. They're adamant about keeping no logs and supporting Net Neutrality. Speed and reliability are excellent. On Windows, flexibility (connect, disconnect, choose server, ...) is very good, but split tunneling requires some investigation and manual intervention. The real down side for me is the lack of support on Android. In that context, you're limited to using OpenVPN with a script generated under AirVPN. No interactive control is possible. For that reason, I'm looking at other providers. Seems like every time I lean towards one or another, I see a posting with serious criticism of it. At the moment, my top contenders are ExpressVPN, Private Internet Access, and PureVPN. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Tom Mac

Dec 9, 2014
I have used Ipvanish on amazon fire tv with Kodi -- It is as near worthless as it can get- channels that can be opened without it -- often cannot be opened using Ipvanish -- others freeze or drop out -- i am waiting for them to improve their system but only get excuses --

Apocalypso

Sep 19, 2015
What might be the "best" VPN for some might not necessarily be the best for another. That's a subjective question that can only be answered by comparing your individual needs and requirements with options that are being marketed by the various VPNs that are out there. It's a good idea to check out several reviews online and make your decision from there. Typically, the better VPNs have the following aspects:
1. Plentiful server locations

2. Mobile apps versions

3. An integrated kill switch

4. Anonymous DNS servers

5. A no log policy

6. Router support

7. Support for OpenVPN

8. Low price

(Source: techradar.com - "8 critical features a VPN must have")