Which VPN server is best to use?

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
I have a flashed router using Nordvpn (love it because I can protect all devices connected šŸ‘. I'll deal with download/upload speed issues I'm having in a dual router setup in another post). I'm in the US but am I better protected from legal consequences connected to a server in another country or am I exposed to those legal consequences connecting to a server locally (which is clearly faster)? If it's better to connect an out of country server, any suggestions as to which country to connect to and any particular Nordvpn server in that country?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Personally, I like to connect to a server in my own country for speed reasons. The only reason I might connect to a server in a foreign country would be to bypass that country's restricted sites, you know, those that only can be accessed if you live in that country.
Either server you chose, your protection is even across the board since your real IP is actually hidden. Regardless of what server you use, the protection is the same.

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks RavRob šŸ‘. I certainly feel safer now and confident that the decision (based on a notification I received on my preloaded box from the TVaddons community) to go with a VPN was a good one. Thanks to the TVaddons community for keeping even novices like myself up on the latest and greatest šŸ‘šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š.

noisygirlkk

Dec 31, 2019
Good to know about this info, i am also searching to know about the types of VPN and reading out a post on it. May you guys suggest me more where to get the right info.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Many VPNs are very good. I would suggest you try various ones. Many have from 3 to 7 days free "try before you buy". Give some a shot and see what works best for you. Important factors you may want to consider are:
No logging of people using the VPN
Number of servers available
If you are using Real Debrid, the VPN should be accepted by RD
How easy is it to setup
Can it be used on multiple devices (IOs, Android, Windows, Mac)
While on free trial, contact their customer support and test how good it is