Which xbmc on galaxy s4. ? Pls help

Mata10

Banned
Jun 18, 2013
Denmark
I have just bought samsung galaxy s4 to run xbmc on the go. But can't figure out which version to install. Does it have to be official release or xaf version. What's the difference.

Plz help

Mata10

Banned
Jun 18, 2013
Denmark
Thanks for quick reply guys. I have installed official release. It 's a bit slow and freezes sometimes. But I don't need to install xaf build or do I just stick to official release. Does it have hardware accl ?

secreto

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks for quick reply guys. I have installed official release. It 's a bit slow and freezes sometimes. But I don't need to install xaf build or do I just stick to official release. Does it have hardware accl ?
I use the XBMC wizard edition. It is stable and will give you everything you need. Give it a try and see what you think.

Liam

Banned
Aug 21, 2013
Liverpool
I put the regular android edition on my sisters s3 works perfect! And the s3 and s4 both run jelly bean so should also work www.xbmc.org/downloads

PS. Android don't have hardware acceleration (don't think you would need it with a phone anyway)

Mata10

Banned
Jun 18, 2013
Denmark
I put the regular android edition on my sisters s3 works perfect! And the s3 and s4 both run jelly bean so should also work www.xbmc.org/downloads

PS. Android don't have hardware acceleration (don't think you would need it with a phone anyway)
I do have frodo 12.2 from that link but sometimes It get strucked or freezes in xbmc and I have to restart ot again. Also it buffers and lag especially when I watch sporting streams so I thought I might have to try another version . And thought it had something to do with HW accl .

Liam

Banned
Aug 21, 2013
Liverpool
I do have frodo 12.2 from that link but sometimes It get strucked or freezes in xbmc and I have to restart ot again. Also it buffers and lag especially when I watch sporting streams so I thought I might have to try another version . And thought it had something to do with HW accl .
Try using wifi instead of 3G and see if that fixes the buffering issue then you will no what the problem is. As for the freezing I will ask my sister how hers has been regarding this problem and let you no what she says. Could be a ram problem try closing all program's and then open xbmc and see if that fixes it

racingdave

Aug 17, 2012
My son has a gallaxy tab 2 i put that xbmc down load on it and it does what yours does .....freezes.....slow play.....very glichy i never did sort it out for him.I think we need the xaf build with hardware excelleration for android software to work properly,Also i think we need to know if it is neon or non neon device to pick the correct download.I would like to sort it out also but dont know what to do, my opinion the xbmc does not work good on any android software.If so i would love someone to chime in and give some advise.

Liam

Banned
Aug 21, 2013
Liverpool
My son has a gallaxy tab 2 i put that xbmc down load on it and it does what yours does .....freezes.....slow play.....very glichy i never did sort it out for him.I think we need the xaf build with hardware excelleration for android software to work properly,Also i think we need to know if it is neon or non neon device to pick the correct download.I would like to sort it out also but dont know what to do, my opinion the xbmc does not work good on any android software.If so i would love someone to chime in and give some advise.
Try the monthly August cycle of Gotham people saying it has hardware acceleration for for android

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
For the S4... install theatest XBMC 12.2 Frodo release from xbmc.org/downloads. Then install fusion on your device, once you launch xbmc(check my signature for details). Then install the HUB WIZARD from fusion. All in all 5 minites to install the best and only addons you are likely to want on your mobile phone ;)

Mata10

Banned
Jun 18, 2013
Denmark
For the S4... install theatest XBMC 12.2 Frodo release from xbmc.org/downloads. Then install fusion on your device, once you launch xbmc(check my signature for details). Then install the HUB WIZARD from fusion. All in all 5 minites to install the best and only addons you are likely to want on your mobile phone ;)
Thanks i have done that , but it still freeze , lag and glitchy .. Does XAF build be considered? Maybe it will help . Mostly device nowadays are neon device . I don't know what exact difference there is between official release and XAF .

fxg

Nov 3, 2013
hi umOuch
i have the xbmc installed on my Samsung galaxy s4 i installed the official android release and then installed xbmc wizard hub on it im having issue with playback on 720p 1080p video it shutter's lag's whilst panning fast pace action almost like skipping is there anyway to sort this out please give any link's to a better build for the s4

cadetgusv

Jun 19, 2013
Xaf build uses a external player w hardware acceleration mx player. I have used this version with my galaxy s3 since it came out. Heres the pros and cons
1 it will play most sources flawlessly but if not mx player will crash and bug out often its annoying

2 It has xmbchub fusion pre installed but a lot of cool features of xbmc don't work bc it uses the external player

So I recently switched to the official version and I am running into slow movement pixel riddled video and discoloration I think its due to no hardware acceleration. Which i thought was available but apparently not for android. I am going to play around w this official version w hub fusion installed a bit more b4 I jump ship. If anyone has this working successfully on a s3 or s4 please share your playback settings or secrets to success as will I if I get lucky

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Ive got the official android build on s4 and it works fine here

I didnt change any settings :D

txhockey

Feb 21, 2014
I have a Galaxy S4 Active, XBMC Official seemed to install fine but when I go to System/File Manager and tap Add Source to install HubWiz, nothing happens.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I have a Galaxy S4 Active, XBMC Official seemed to install fine but when I go to System/File Manager and tap Add Source to install HubWiz, nothing happens.
Were you long pressing? If you long press, another add source window opens which you then just tap that one and you're good to go.