Which XBMCHUB WIZARD for OUYA

benwaynet

Jul 5, 2013
Just picked up my ouya tonight. got xbmc installed, now I'm wondering which xbmchub wizard to use?

As I'm waiting I'm using the native Plex app and having AV sync issues and lots of clouding. I hope the plex plugin for xbmc is better.

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Use the latest ADDON version we have placed in our FUSION INSTALLER. Then, for tonight... choose ANDROID. This will work for you as it is an ANDROID SYSTEM. We are updating it in the morning to have ALL HARDWARE OPTIONS COVERED AND LABLED.

benwaynet

Jul 5, 2013
Use the latest ADDON version we have placed in our FUSION INSTALLER. Then, for tonight... choose ANDROID. This will work for you as it is an ANDROID SYSTEM. We are updating it in the morning to have ALL HARDWARE OPTIONS COVERED AND LABLED.
I didn't see any additional hardware options so I tried the android one, it changed the background but didn't setup the favorites.

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
It did:

1) those were not favorites... They were shortcuts.

2) With the wizard ADDON shortcuts need to be added manually.

With the older TOOL we included shortcuts. Not everyone like us choosing what was their. ;)

benwaynet

Jul 5, 2013
shortcuts, got it. now I need to search the forums on how to add shortcuts :)

Its been a fun weekend of learning about xbmc and the ouya has worked great for that. But I don't know if I'll be keeping it.
Can't get HD live streams of CBS,FOX for US football season and so far the wife/family factor for ease of use hasn't been the best :(

thank you for your help.

jb

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
From the home screen navigate to SYSTEM/APPEARENCES/SETTINS/ADDONS

this is where you locate the option to add shortcuts.

HD streams... Make sure you have lib stage libstagefright alpha 1.... or else no HD ;)

Looking for HD (network) channels... No stable/guarenteed options unless you pay for them.

Free HD NETWORK: mashUP, N*viX

Paid: USTVNOW or SIMILAR

Free NON HD NETWORK CHANNELS THAT ARE ALWAYS STABLE: USTVNOW free account.

benwaynet

Jul 5, 2013
thanks I think I have the libstagefright alpha 1 because I followed your install directions for the ouya. I'll have to double check when I get home.

havn't tried mashUP yet, looked through N*viX and didn't like the quality for live TV, nfl network.

a quick look at USTVNOW and it looks like its about $30 a month for non-HD $100 for HD? I'll dig in more tonight.

thanks again.
jb

barbadosslim93

Dec 15, 2012
The $30 on ustvnow covers hd, but only on some channels. Word is that more hd channels are coming. I've had ustvnow for eight months and love it. When I need to watch something live, it irks great for instant results. If I want hd, I wait an hour and use mashup or something similar.