Why did this auto-install on my machine?

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
@Maverickz, Its cool. I think he meant that more for some of the other people and posts out there. Especially the second part. :)

Last edited:

daflyboys

Aug 27, 2013
Ya... I never understand the crying when something is free. Some of you guys can buy cable....well, you can rent cable. And those who don't like me saying that....well, then you guys can pound sand.

I for one am grateful.

kdnoel

Sep 4, 2013
North Carolina
I think you have me ALL wrong. I was not saying "how dare they do this poop to me", I have not "spread hate on Twitter Facebook and other forums.", in fact I don't use any "social media" Other than these forums and about 2 or 3 other unrelated forums, I have ZERO internet footprint. I did not buy a "Kodi box", I build my own PC's from parts and install only the software than I want on them. I HAVE contributed code fixes to Ice Films, and if no one can provide a good reason not to, I plan on adding Favorites functionality back to Ex**us. I have also responded to posts to try and help OTHER people with their problems. Yes this is "free open source software" but that does not make it immune to it's own problems.

I am also grateful to the staff and developers for what they have accomplished and the entertainment they have brought to the people. So thanks to you all.
First off please accept my apologies since you took my post personally.

My post reflects my frustration in the behavior of a very large group of unappreciative USERS of the efforts put forth here in this community.

I'm not going to get into another rant but some of the freeloaders out there need to show a little respect and appreciation.

TBiggs

Feb 26, 2017
I was puzzled and surprised, but was capable of figuring out what happened when I noticed the changes (haven't used it for about a month). I appreciate your time and effort and so far the new tool. Not sure about how to use it all or whether I should update kodi. That's always the quandary, watch tv or update and clean up kodi, so anytime you can do it automatically for me, without getting into my "stuff" I thank you for that. Keep up the good work.

Singidunum

Mar 15, 2014
Queens, New York
I would understand this if I have 17 installed but I have 4 units with 15.1 on them and there is no need for Indigo.
And I can NOT uninstall INDIGO because old Maintenance tools is wiped off from all my devices.
I would like much more if I still had a choice to use old tools instead of new one.
So, it was forcible and I am now forced to use it even I do NOT like it, lol.

Like I said, I understand Indigo is a mast with 17 and future releases, but why am I forced to use it with 15 when I have no desire to upgrade on 17?

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I would understand this if I have 17 installed but I have 4 units with 15.1 on them and there is no need for Indigo.
And I can NOT uninstall INDIGO because old Maintenance tools is wiped off from all my devices.
I would like much more if I still had a choice to use old tools instead of new one.
So, it was forcible and I am now forced to use it even I do NOT like it, lol.

Like I said, I understand Indigo is a mast with 17 and future releases, but why am I forced to use it with 15 when I have no desire to upgrade on 17?
Because everyone who was using it complained that it didn't work properly, so it was updated so it does work properly. If you want to use obsolete software expect it to break. If you want to stay on Isengard forever then fine but expect things to break, it's outdated legacy software.

Singidunum

Mar 15, 2014
Queens, New York
Because everyone who was using it complained that it didn't work properly, so it was updated so it does work properly. If you want to use obsolete software expect it to break. If you want to stay on Isengard forever then fine but expect things to break, it's outdated legacy software.
LOL
Following your logic
We used to have complains only from people that were using Indigo but that wasn't enough so lets make sure that everybody has Indigo so everybody can complain about it.

15.1 may be outdated legacy software (your worlds) and I know that at some time in future it may break and I am fine with it
But, do not force me to brake it.
Unless, there is a much bigger picture behind this Indigo thing that may or may not ever come out in public.
;)
But, hey,
It is all free stuff so we still have choice to use it or not.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
LOL
Following your logic
We used to have complains only from people that were using Indigo but that wasn't enough so lets make sure that everybody has Indigo so everybody can complain about it.

15.1 may be outdated legacy software (your worlds) and I know that at some time in future it may break and I am fine with it
Unless, there is a much bigger picture behind this Indigo thing that may or may not ever come out in public.
;)
But, hey,
Indigo works fine with the current stable version of Kodi which is Kodi 17. If you choose to use an out-dated version of the software then you can't expect everything to work flawlessly. Developers focus their attention on the current version, backwards compatibility isn't always possible, especially with a release like Krypton where many of the core elements were changed. I'm not sure what else to tell you.

If you are really that set on staying on Isengard forever then just install the old Maintenance Tool & turn off updates. I'm sure if you google it you could find the zip file somewhere.

Last edited:

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
LOL
Following your logic

;)
But, hey,
There is no "bigger picture"
There is no conspiracy either lol
It is what it is.
Some of the features werent working in the older versions of kodi either.
Some were or are incorporated in kodi itself
It needed updated/upgraded.
the different tools were combined into one for ease of code maintenance.
Thats the only "picture"
What specific tools are you missing that you need?

Last edited:

leafs87

Feb 14, 2016
LOL
Following your logic

;)
But, hey,
Make your own maintenance addon then?