Why do the video addon programmers support Kodi?

silentmonolith

Jun 20, 2013
It baffles me to why the programmers make these addons - Ic*f*lms...1Ch**nel are actually fully-fledged sites and the only way for them to survive is have the users go there and hope they click/watch advertisements. With the addons, all these revenue sources are bypassed.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
It baffles me to why the programmers make these addons - Ic*f*lms...1Ch**nel are actually fully-fledged sites and the only way for them to survive is have the users go there and hope they click/watch advertisements. With the addons, all these revenue sources are bypassed.
What confuses you? You just explained WHY in your question. LOL.

HMMM, shall I watch a video that someone uploaded for free by visiting a website via a browser and mousing around countless windows in order to watch something all the while getting bogged down with ads, trackers, and so on...

OR

Should I use an ADDON via a settop box (that is integrated with all of my personal content) connected to my 50+ television...designed to be remote friendly and removes all the excess? Packaged in a way that offers online content, local content, live TV, and streaming video services all in one bundle.

Seems like a clear decision and logic to me

That said, if you would be happier to stick with watching television by utilizing a dozen urls and all the inconvenience that entails, please don't feel obligated to use any ADDONS these devs share. ;)

Last edited:

tknorris

Feb 18, 2014
I would also suggest to you that people that use the addon for a particular site, also frequently visit that site as well. In other words, you can view an xbmc addon for a site as almost free advertising for that site.

Moses

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
United Kingdom
Most of the sites involved use popups to try and gain revenue. If anyone was a hardcore user of the site they would probably have s good popup blocker installed anyway.
If anything having an xbmc addon probably draws more attention to the site potentially attracting more web traffic then they otherwise would.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I would also suggest to you that people that use the addon for a particular site, also frequently visit that site as well. In other words, you can view an xbmc addon for a site as almost free advertising for that site.
I fully agree with this statement. I also found many more sites via Kodi addons that I didn't know existed. I have since become member of thos sites....but I won't watch movies/tv shows via their site, I watch via Kodi.

If nothing else, they at least gained a member because of the addon developers... :)