Why is this thread closed?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Why is this closed
http://forums.tvaddons.co/threads/34097-Goodbye-everybody
I believe this is exactly what @dkplayaclub was talking about....threads being closed whenever the staff decides. There was no real reason to close it. Some of us would still like to bid our farewell and wish him well. He has been a long time member of this forum and a pillar in every aspect. He helped everyone whenever he could without ever being condescending.

I understand his frustration. To tell the truth, I am also a bit perturbed by how this forum conducts business lately. Some of the things that happened in the Genesis section, tones, insults, etc.... were never reprimanded. The word censor is also a bit out of whack where regular words such as t o t a l get starred out. Even dot org isn't that bad. They just bin the offending thread if someone talks about piracy on their forum but don't edit every single little word.

Anyway, @dkplayclub. Take good care of yourself brother. It is a sad day to see such an active member throw in the towel. You will be sorely missed. The forum won't be the same without you. I am sure I will see you on other kodi related forums.

Cheers m8

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Why is this closed
http://forums.tvaddons.co/threads/34097-Goodbye-everybody
I believe this is exactly what @dkplayaclub was talking about....threads being closed whenever the staff decides. There was no real reason to close it. Some of us would still like to bid our farewell and wish him well. He has been a long time member of this forum and a pillar in every aspect. He helped everyone whenever he could without ever being condescending.

I understand his frustration. To tell the truth, I am also a bit perturbed by how this forum conducts business lately. Some of the things that happened in the Genesis section, tones, insults, etc.... were never reprimanded. The word censor is also a bit out of whack where regular words such as t o t a l get starred out. Even dot org isn't that bad. They just bin the offending thread if someone talks about piracy on their forum but don't edit every single little word.

Anyway, @dkplayclub. Take good care of yourself brother. It is a sad day to see such an active member throw in the towel. You will be sorely missed. The forum won't be the same without you. I am sure I will see you on other kodi related forums.

Cheers m8
I'll tell ya why. Upsetting the balance of the forum just to complain about site policies and cause unnecessary drama. Don't agree? Don't logon plain and simple. We all agreed to follow the rules when we registered. This is a private site and the owners have the right to decide how its run. Just like this thread will likely be closed as it should. This is not a democracy when you're logged on. You left that at the door. Have a problem? Start your own site or go somewhere else where you feel more comfortable and where it suits your precious needs.

Sorry for the perceived attack on your thread, but this shit pisses me off royally and I base that on personal experience as an administrator on several unrelated forums.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I'll tell ya why. Upsetting the balance of the forum just to complain about site policies and cause unnecessary drama. Don't agree? Don't logon plain and simple. We all agreed to follow the rules when we registered. This is a private site and the owners have the right to decide how its run. Just like this thread will likely be closed as it should. This is not a democracy when you're logged on. You left that at the door. Have a problem? Start your own site or go somewhere else where you feel more comfortable and where it suits your precious needs.

Sorry for the perceived attack on your thread, but this shit pisses me off royally and I base that on personal experience as an administrator on several unrelated forums.
I am also admin on a couple of forums and this is not the way to treat long time members. It seems someome has pissed in your corn flakes this morning or maybe you were just born a d!ck.

Last edited:

Dr Peter OBoogie

Jun 24, 2013
Hope you stay around dkplayerclub, a lot of helpful people have wandered off in the last 6 months or so and it would be shame to lose another.

That said I agree with your stance, I once commented on a whole thread being deleted only to be branded 'a troublemaker' by a moderator simply for knowing the posts were gone - then the moderator deleted the new thread no doubt because he realised what a cock he looked.

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
That other thread was closed because it was insulting towards our staff, any thread that has any bit of negativity (unless constructive towards software development) has no place here. Just because you help out and have been here a while doesn't give you the right to insult people or stir the pot.

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
@Eleazar

If that was classed as insulting everybodys post count is going to drop. I'm not going to argue about it as I did what dkplayaclub has done over a year ago and rarely participate anymore.

Just opinion here but things are getting more controlled all the time and the site although useful to new users is not as vibrant a user experiance as once was.

Thats me done, back in my box again ;)

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I don't always agree with everything, but personally I do think it's probably best the thread was closed, there's no need to broadcast drama.

With all due respect..
Unfortunately I do agree with ccadi last paragraph, this site has been pretty boring for experienced users lately as many of the posts now are about the same old subjects, it seems that we are only here to answer these repetitive questions..

But in fairness we must not forget..
This site is about 3rd party addons.

I've learnt a lot lately over at the official forum, so although I still visit here, I think maybe there comes a time when to increase your knowledge, you need to move on, and leave this site for what it does best create addons and offer support to those that need it.

I do appreciate this site and the work that goes into it, the above, was meant as constructive criticism. I also understand that to survive this site needs more and more new members. But I feel it's not my job to tell (Some of) these lazy members how to get free tv, and the difference between this site and Kodi

Last edited:
There is one thing I have learned in the last 65 years , NO ONE, likes constructive criticism wether it is right fair or wrong.
Maybe some of us need to step back a little bit to see the trees and not the forest life is to short for us silver grumpy old git's.
I to am sorry that dkplayaclub has decided to leave but wish him all the best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Android Boxes 1
D Random Topics 20
M Welcome Centre 0