WIFI Crystalbuntu

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
how do i use the wifi in the crystalbuntu settings in xbmc i have try everything what am i do wrong

Trabbs

Jul 27, 2013
Sorry mate, mine is hard wired so can't offer any advice on this one. Did you install Crystal HD card?

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
i never replace the wificard with the hd i have the crystalbuntu xbmc program

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Go to System > Add-ons under XBMC.org in Program and install Network-Manager
In Programs open Network-Manager and click “Add” you should then see your SSID.
Enter your password. That's it

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Sorry to jump in here so your saying the internal wifi will still work if I do that ?
Yes, it will work. I have 2 that are using the internal wifi, using network manager, and have setup friends and families atv1's to do the same when Ethernet is not an option. It works quite well :)

Jamie Roberts

Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply, will have a go at that . Does it work as good as standard for watching films etc?
Thanks

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
you have to give more details where do i go get program add-on in xbmc.org i dont see network manager

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
you have to give more details where do i go get program add-on in xbmc.org i dont see network manager
Strike posted the details already a few posts up.

Go to System > Add-ons under XBMC.org in Program and install Network-Manager
In Programs open Network-Manager and click “Add” you should then see your SSID.
Enter your password. That's it

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply, will have a go at that . Does it work as good as standard for watching films etc?
Thanks
I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking. The addon utilizes your internal wifi, just like any other device would. It works the same as before you installed Ubuntu. I hope that answered your question. It works well.

Ace79

Mar 29, 2013
i have did all these step i dont see the network manger system>add-ons >get - add-ons >xbmc.org i have checked every catagory on xbmc.org no network system manager ?

Settings
Add-ons
Get add-ons
XBMC.org Add-ons
Program Add-ons
Network-Manager
Install

nevermind thanx for the help i found it peace!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: