Will it work on Satellite box

walsheb

Jan 31, 2013
Hi, I have an Amiko SHD 8900 Satellite box and would like to know if it is possible to run XBMC on it and if so how would you install it.

regards
walsheb

oso

Sep 19, 2012
that model or 99% will not run xbmc, afaik there is only one box out there that has a hybrid of the two.

nchingo

Jan 9, 2014
Goodmorinig,

I can't post any thread. Followd instruction to refresh but there is no result.
What am I doing wrong ? Already posted but I can't see any. Also log in.

thanks,
nchingo

nchingo

Jan 9, 2014
Good morning to u all,

Short intro of my self.I am living in The Netherlands close to the capital city of Amsterdam. Never heard of Rasp pi but now a proud owner of one.Have been reading alot about it on this & other site/forums.I can say that I am really proud of you all, making this possible with understandable instructions. Because of this, it was easy for me to experiment it. Anyway I wonder if there were any solution found for " Amiko SHD 8900 Satellite box " If so please give instruction of link to do so.

Thank you in advance,
Rgds,
nchingo

etch

Jan 22, 2014
Pontypridd, South Wales
A lot depends on what image you have installed. There are some images that will run IPTV and also plugins from Ic*f*lms, 1Ch**nel, Mediaportal etc. I know that OpenPli images were the best for this type of plugin but I don't know if this is still the same?

There is a new satellite box on the market now that has XBMC pre-installed that is called the 'Prismbox' which has had some good reviews. Have a look here: http://prismcube.com/

gpjordanf1

Jan 27, 2014
Hi
Noob here

I'm currently running XBMC on my Sat box

I have a Technomate Nano 3T Combo, running Enigma2 with the Latest VIX image

Simply go to addons and browse for "XBMCAddons", Download and follow instructions in the help section.

Had it up and running in 5 minutes.

Its a decent addon for a Sat box

Hope this helps someone