Request Windows 10 Background picture location by default ??

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Kodi 17.1 on Windows 10 Skin Background default picture location

I'm able to find this on all other platforms, but cannot seem to find the Windows 10 location for Kodi 17.1 to where the default background picture location is stored. I found a few walk around on how to change the background picture to a different one, but too many steps to do, I simply want to add a new image to the default location if anyone can direct me, TIA :cool::confused:

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Right-click your image file/Set as Desktop Background. You can store the file wherever you want.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
NO, my bad if I explain incorrectly, I want to change the Background image in Kodi 17.1 Confluence Skin, but I can't find the path to where they are stored in the Kodi directory on my Widows 10 desktop.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
BTW, I did change the Thread title, to reflect what I'm asking better, but it's not changing in the first post. If I click edit it shows my changes but when I save, it's still showing the old thread title.

This is what I changed it to

Kodi 17.1 on Windows 10 Skin Background default picture location

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
It's important to state whether you installed Kodi via the Windows store or the classic method of installing, as they have different paths to where they store their files.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Assuming you're using the desktop version of Kodi, I would think you could just replace the file here:
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\backgrounds\SKINDEFAULT.jpg

with your own image. Personally I'd just use the GUI to change it, but if that's what you want to do that would be the file to change. Remember though that any updates to the skin will wipe out your change.

You may need to delete textures.db & Thumbnails for it to show, idk I never tried it :)

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I used the classic Kodi install method, not from the app store

And I just found it, I'll post the process for others if they want to know where it is.

You go to C Drive, then scroll to User, then go to App Data folder, if you don't see it, make sure you have show Hidden files checked marked. then go to Media folder, and the default Skin background image is there, you can add the images you want in the same folder. Then go back to Kodi and go to Skin settings and change the background picture in the location I just mentioned.