Wireless failure

Derek129

Oct 1, 2014
BC, Canada
Hi guys, need help with my annoying problem. For some reason my wireless won't stay connected and I have to manually reconnect it over and over again because my wireless keeps dropping on the Pi. I am using openelec and a tp-link usb wireless adapter. I have tested 2 different wireless adapters and am experiencing the same problem with both. I also have the latest beta build installed on my raspberry pi 2. Does anyone know a fix for this or experienced a similar problem?

Brok3n

Mar 8, 2014
You could check your actual router settings, assign pi to static IP and also check your IP lease timeout.

I very much doubt the Version of openelec your using is the reason. I'm still on 5.0.5 with no issues. Not to offend bromerzz and Maybe I'm wrong but check your router settings anyway ;)

Derek129

Oct 1, 2014
BC, Canada
It turns out its my wireless extender that was giving me grief as I unplugged it from the wall and now my pi connecting direct to the router is a solid connection with no failures. I have a tplink archer c8 router that I recently upgraded, and I was using this dlink dap-1320 with my old dlink router and never had issues with wifi connectivity with my pi. So maybe the tplink router and dlink extender don't get along with eachother?