Wondering about the best addon to watch movies still in theaters?

stevae

Nov 13, 2015
hi all,
i'm new here, and to kodi. but i have been playing with it, and was able to watch brand new movies for a while on genesis, but now some movies are just generating an error message saying that there is no stream. i thought that this just meant that they hadn't hit yet, but some of them have been out for a while and still nothing. so i am wondering if it is just how it goes, or if there might be a better addon to watch these movies. the ones i have been having a problem with are: steve jobs, a walk in the woods and pawn sacrifice. i tried to load xmovies8, but all it gave was errors, and the same with flixanity. any helpful information is greatly appreciated.

lizardkng

Dec 17, 2014
I fall back to universal media provider to see if any sources actually exist for movies that show up in other addons. If theres no sources there, then I trust that there are none available.

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
M
hi all,
i'm new here, and to kodi. but i have been playing with it, and was able to watch brand new movies for a while on genesis, but now some movies are just generating an error message saying that there is no stream. i thought that this just meant that they hadn't hit yet, but some of them have been out for a while and still nothing. so i am wondering if it is just how it goes, or if there might be a better addon to watch these movies. the ones i have been having a problem with are: steve jobs, a walk in the woods and pawn sacrifice. i tried to load xmovies8, but all it gave was errors, and the same with flixanity. any helpful information is greatly appreciated.
I also use SA*TS, 1Ch**nel and Ic*f*lms as they are all good sources. However, there are no streams for walk I the woods or pawn sacrifice that I could find last night as I tried to watch both of those. 😊

stevae

Nov 13, 2015
i appreciate all of the suggestions.

i tried salt, but was not impressed with it. i put in pawn sacrifice, and it said it had it. i clicked it, and it showed a pic of pawn sacrifice, then i click on it, and it started playing a movie called sheltered. then i did the same with a walk in the woods, and again showed it had it, but played the walk, instead. a lot of misinformation on that one.

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
i appreciate all of the suggestions.

i tried salt, but was not impressed with it. i put in pawn sacrifice, and it said it had it. i clicked it, and it showed a pic of pawn sacrifice, then i click on it, and it started playing a movie called sheltered. then i did the same with a walk in the woods, and again showed it had it, but played the walk, instead. a lot of misinformation on that one.
It has nothing to do with SA*TS or any other addon as the info comes from either tvdb or TMDB. So whatever they show for the titles is what you see. The hosters and streams have nothing to do with the ADDONS.

stevae

Nov 13, 2015
Still using Genesis as favourite addon and alternative 1Ch**nel.
yeah, i am also. but i am wondering why movies such as the intern, bridge of spies and other brand new movies are on it, but steve jobs, a walk in the woods and pawn sacrifice, which have been out for some time now, are not on either one? very strange...

well, i think 1Ch**nel is my best one, as the tv on it is ten times better than genesis, and the movies are very good. but where genesis excel's normally, is in the brand new movies, just hitting the theaters. but 1Ch**nel has better quality for me.