WTF are all these I love TVAddons messages all about

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
WTF are all these "I love TVAddons" messages all about......they are obviously spam of some kind...cant you keep them out the forum.....

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
WTF are all these "I love TVAddons" messages all about......they are obviously spam of some kind...cant you keep them out the forum.....
It's not spam, although if it was, it would be the best kind. Nothing wrong with showing appreciation to our developers.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Yep, I noticed a popup box yesterday after I rebooted my box saying to thank the developers here. I thought we were being hit by strange spammers until I read that.

catnap

Nov 4, 2015
TVAddons is a big part of the kodi community in my opinion,most of the best devs are here.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
TVAddons is a big part of the kodi community in my opinion,most of the best devs are here.
I disagree, not to trying to be pedantic but yes IMOH TVAddons have the best 3rd party addons, however this forum and others similar do not represent the Kodi community !!

"Kodi community" is some annoying buzz word that stuck

This site is all about addons , the real Kodi community are the guys who put hours of work in to make sure the program works,adding features and discussing about what they can do next.
Lets not confuse the two, I'm sure the developers here would agree that writing an addon and developing a platform are to different things entirely.

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
Except the ones who have been posting their messages on the official Kodi forums, much to their annoyance :D
Yeah I'm not sure that this 'appreciation campaign' was such a good idea. All it has done is make this forum, the official kodi.tv, and others, full of spam thank you posts, each one creating a new thread with 1 post which will never be looked at again (or at all?), mostly for nothing...

Maybe mods could at least combine them all into one thread.

Banister

Nov 3, 2013
Yeah I'm not sure that this 'appreciation campaign' was such a good idea. All it has done is make this forum, the official kodi.tv, and others, full of spam thank you posts, each one creating a new thread with 1 post which will never be looked at again (or at all?), mostly for nothing...

Totally agree with merging all these countless threads that are cluttering up the active topics page. You can mass merge up to 200 threads easily. No time to waste...haha!

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK

it was downright stupid and serves no useful purpose whatsoever, whatever were TvAddons thinking of

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
It makes a huge difference when developers see positive feedback as opposed to all the negative feedback and abuse they receive on a daily basis. Making the forum and community a more positive, appreciative place goes a long way. And we might even gain some users who didn't know about the forum before, or who want to help with developing or otherwise.