WTF are all these I love TVAddons messages all about

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
It makes a huge difference when developers see positive feedback as opposed to all the negative feedback and abuse they receive on a daily basis. Making the forum and community a more positive, appreciative place goes a long way. And we might even gain some users who didn't know about the forum before, or who want to help with developing or otherwise.
genuine positive feedback yes....but not this detritus
anyway, Ive said my bit ...I'll leave it at that :cool:

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
so your not disagreeing with the first point then ....
I didnt say that at all.
If you really believe that all the posts are fake you can.
I dont think they are.
That would be way too many accounts (and comments) to fake.
I just know that your second point was all wrong. :)

jmh2002

Nov 20, 2012
FRA, ITA, UKR,
genuine positive feedback yes....but not this...
Yes, I have nothing against genuine positive feedback, but we now have a situation where, for example, after approximately 24 hours there were 10 pages of new posts instead of the normal average (for me) of around 3, and very approximately it seemed that 70% or more were 'thank you' posts.

I guess it will reduce naturally in due course, however real support or interest posts are getting a bit lost in amongst this volume.

I do see that you have now created a Kodi Addon Developer Appreciation (Please Show Your Support) thread, thank you for that, I think it's a better idea, and perhaps if this campaign is run again in the future maybe the pop up msg (from Indigo or however it was done - I dont use it) could point users directly to that thread, instead of suggesting to create new threads, then it would hopefully go a long way to managing the situation in a better way.

:)

Last edited:

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Have you thought of the possibility that some of these people that write addons may not want to share their addons on sites like this because you go out of your way to broadcast it to the world at every opportunity.

Some of the people that started writing addons back when the foundation decided to only house Legal addons, would have all come from and most definitely been fully aware of, or part of the underground Warez community.
"Happy to share to like minded people that are prepared to get their hands dirty".

Why would anyone want to really want to share a shady addon they have written for themselves, on here (or similar sites) when they know it's going to be advertised heavily, they risk their identity, they are expected to offer support to everyone and their nan, and above all that the addon they have been happily using for the last year or so will probably stop working as a result.

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is not advertising the addons. These people got the message because they were using the addon in the first place. They were simply asked to show some love for the devs who created the addons they so freely enjoy.

where is the advertising in that?

C'mon guys, you've been here 4 and 5 years with hundreds of posts. I am sure you can see that it is simply what it is...a call for the "already" existing users to show their love. Don't read into this what isn't there.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
It is not advertising the addons. These people got the message because they were using the addon in the first place. They were simply asked to show some love for the devs who created the addons they so freely enjoy.

where is the advertising in that?

C'mon guys, you've been here 4 and 5 years with hundreds of posts. I am sure you can see that it is simply what it is...a call for the "already" existing users to show their love. Don't read into this what isn't there.
True this instance wasn't advertising addons, I get the idea. Give the developers encouragement, recruit more members and hopefully encourage more to code and share.

And yes some of us have been here for a few years, like yourself, and we see these blogs every so often... off the top of my head "why all students should install Kodi and TVAddons"
You know what I mean.

Look I'm not picking holes, run the site how you like, it's the right of the admin but the question in my previous post was genuine.

Last edited:

skully

May 25, 2017
I saw the notice when I opened Kodi the other day and I'm glad they did that because we really appreciate all the work that goes into this service and we didn't know there was a forum. Now and then I have questions about how to do this and that and google is very helpful but now I have another option.

Thank you

Mudshark

May 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Frederick_99, don't be such a dick. I'm sure there a lot of us that had no idea that some would complain about this service. I, for one, am extremely grateful for it. As a retired senior, the cost of cable and satellite has become onerous. And, as for the 99% that probably won't post again, who cares. We're just showing our appreciation.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I saw the notice when I opened Kodi the other day and I'm glad they did that because we really appreciate all the work that goes into this service and we didn't know there was a forum. Now and then I have questions about how to do this and that and google is very helpful but now I have another option.

Thank you
Frederick_99, don't be such a dick. I'm sure there a lot of us that had no idea that some would complain about this service. I, for one, am extremely grateful for it. As a retired senior, the cost of cable and satellite has become onerous. And, as for the 99% that probably won't post again, who cares. We're just showing our appreciation.
Welcome to the forum guys. Believe it or not ;), we're glad to have you with us. Enjoy

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
nice first post, i'm sure we will all look forward to your more valuable contributions in the future