WWE Network

breedaa

Aug 20, 2012
lads,

Now that the WWE Network has launched, it would be great if we could have an XBMC plugin created for this. The ability to be able to set DNS settings (like the BBC iPlayer add-on) would be an extra bonus for us non US punters.

I'd do it myself, although dont have the skills required :-(

Cheers

Esser915

Feb 24, 2014
I would think that this shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. MLB advanced media is responsible for the network structure & we have a plug in for MLB.tv, so I wouldn't think that this would be too different.

Highly looking forward to seeing this happen.

breedaa

Aug 20, 2012
Good news Esser..hopefully someone will kindly develop one.

I managed to get signed up earlier, in work so cant really test it with the proxy, although I'm hearing VOD works fine without any Geo-locking, that only applies to live content. There is an app already on the apple TV, and folk have managed to sign up using that and a standard itunes account, so might not even need DNS settingsetc, just a straight log in :)

breedaa

Aug 20, 2012
I would think that this shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. MLB advanced media is responsible for the network structure & we have a plug in for MLB.tv, so I wouldn't think that this would be too different.

Who's the dev on the MLB one? Will see if they are up for it

azingone

Mar 1, 2013
HI guys- yes I put in this request for this app as well a couple weeks ago. Now that the WWE Network is launched it would be extremely popular for the developer who can do it.
For those of us non-US we are not expecting to get it until end of 2014/early 2015- so the demand will be high if its possible?

breedaa

Aug 20, 2012
Is there a way to watch this outside of USA early ?...proxy ?
I'm watching in the uk without a epic or VPN/dns entries. Live video doesn't work but video on demand does.

Also, my mate coded up an add on last night we are testing it then will release it for everyone

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
If u need more testers be happy to test...big wwe fan and can confirm vod does work fine :)

Signed up for free trial and using Hola via Chrome allows you to view live streams. Can Hola be implemented into Xbmc ?

Last edited:

ryangold

Feb 3, 2013
Does anybody know if there has been an addon created for this yet or is it still a work in progress? I have a gbox mx2. I downloaded the wwe app from the play store but my gbox mx2 gives me "video error" when i try to open the app. Does anybody know any alternatives to watch the network from my gbox mx2 if there is no xbmc addon? Thanks.

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Their is someone working on this from a couple of places...not sure of any Dev's here working on it...did see post that someone had made working addon but no other posts.

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Their is now a way to view this via browser/console/tablet without special or paid programmes...Blundey has supplied a way through but now all we need is an addon created

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Blundey started a post "their must be a better way through" and has explained his way of getting through the geo blocking and also blocks by isp ....If you Pm him he will supply a dns address and I've written guide for Windows and Raspbmc to enter this address supplied and then test the blocks. Have been using the Wwe Network in UK since last night as if I was in USA and can confirm working perfectly

Phoenix1982

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
His currently taking testers to test out his theory which I've gladly done for him and can report it does work