Xbmc corrupted on my ipad2?

fairlaidy

May 9, 2012
I have a problem that everytime I start xbmc a window comes up up like the window you get when you click on a movie link to chose the server then after a sec the normal xbmc window comes up and today there was a Ic*f*lms update and it didn't want it to auto update I had to update it my self I don't know is the problem is related but I have try to exit out many times and I try to reboot IPad and whatever I do I still get the stupid window does anyone know how can I fix this.

Thanks

crawl

May 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I don't think that's really a bug or a problem. Mine does the exact same thing. When you launch XBMC, it will briefly flash some random menu that was on the screen at some point in the past. Like it was trying to go back to an exact menu. Then it would flash the normal XBMC Eden launch window and you'd end up at the XBMC home screen like normal. For me it's just a brief instant, barely a second. But I haven't noticed any issues because of it. I think it's just the way that iOS tries to save the state of the XBMC app.

I've noticed if you shut down XBMC by using the software power button at the XBMC menu, instead of simply pressing the physical Home button on the iPad itself, it doesn't normally happen. If you just hit the Home button like you're closing down other normal iPad apps, it doesn't release XBMC from memory, and intentionally saves the state. And it leaves the rest of the iPad with very little usable memory, cause XBMC uses quite a bit. Be sure and close XBMC from the menu for best results.

Not sure about the auto-update issue though. Did you update it through the repo?

Last edited:

fairlaidy

May 9, 2012
I don't think that's really a bug or a problem. Mine does the exact same thing. When you launch XBMC, it will briefly flash some random menu that was on the screen at some point in the past. Like it was trying to go back to an exact menu. Then it would flash the normal XBMC Eden launch window and you'd end up at the XBMC home screen like normal. For me it's just a brief instant, barely a second. But I haven't noticed any issues because of it. I think it's just the way that iOS tries to save the state of the XBMC app.

I've noticed if you shut down XBMC by using the software power button at the XBMC menu, instead of simply pressing the physical Home button on the iPad itself, it doesn't normally happen. If you just hit the Home button like you're closing down other normal iPad apps, it doesn't release XBMC from memory, and intentionally saves the state. And it leaves the rest of the iPad with very little usable memory, cause XBMC uses quite a bit. Be sure and close XBMC from the menu for best results.

Not sure about the auto-update issue though. Did you update it through the repo?
yeah this is exactly the problem I'm having i guess is a glitch with the iPad and yes i update it through the repo.

Do you have algorithmdirtyregions set in advancedsettings.xml?
no i don't have this set on my .xml

thanks for the reply guys.