XBMC crashing randomly

elbodude

Jan 22, 2013
Sometimes XBMC will just crash out to the FireTV home screen without warning. I tried different builds from Android to Ouya with the same issue. It does not happen all the time. I even disabled the FTV screen saver. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!

candita

Sep 5, 2013
USA
I did but I put on beyond xbmc & it seems to work pretty good with it. Have you tried that one yet?

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Sometimes XBMC will just crash out to the FireTV home screen without warning. I tried different builds from Android to Ouya with the same issue. It does not happen all the time. I even disabled the FTV screen saver. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks!
I have this issue quite a bit.....it happens after watching a few things abd then changing add-ons or watching live tv and changing add-ons.....doesn't happen to me while it's playing though, so doesn't bother me to much

atr675

Aug 4, 2012
I think it has to do with the "Video > Acceleration" settings. If you default everything it should work.

My only problem is that using defaults will not allow me to fast forward more than once. It will just start from the beginning or I have to hold on to a specific spot and let go.

micgamboa

Jun 12, 2014
I did but I put on beyond xbmc & it seems to work pretty good with it. Have you tried that one yet?
I'm also experiencing "random crashes"...

I'm new to xbmc user and I don't know what to do... I will appreciate all your help...

Thanks!!!

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
what build are you using? I am using stock XBMC and have no crashes on Fire TV. Is it happening ONLY with LIVE STREAMS? Because I dont use live streams.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
what build are you using? I am using stock XBMC and have no crashes on Fire TV. Is it happening ONLY with LIVE STREAMS? Because I dont use live streams.
I'm using Gotham 13.1....it happens when I'm switching between a lot of things....I just think I overload the system

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Try cleaning the cache, cleaning the libraries (music and video) also, and then use hub maintenance and get rid of the old error files, I forget the exact wording for that feature. You could also go to settings /applications /xbmc/ and clear the cache. This won't hurt anything, may or may not fix the problem, will only take a minute or two and you probably should do this anyway.

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
13.1 is crashing lot . tired of cleaning and clearing cash all the time . is setting the cash at zero good or not ?

dragon3

Jun 19, 2014
I have two FTV. Love it.
Everything work perfectly except live streams. either crash, won't start or stop playing in the middle of the live stream.
Tried multiple version of XBMC. But if I disable video hardware accelarator, It seems to works better.

peatpee

May 30, 2013
Partaloa, Almeria, Spain
I have this same problem, sudden and unexpected crashes at random times whilst doing different things. Have tried a clean reload, but same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sickboy

Mar 13, 2013
I am having the same unexpected crashes to the FTV homescreen. I have seen no patterns to indicate why thos happens.

rextoba

Apr 30, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Don't know if it's relevant or not but my Ouya (which runs great) just started doing the same thing yesterday and has done it numerous times today. I'm going to post in the Ouya section as well.

sickboy

Mar 13, 2013
I took todays firmware update apparently so I will test some more and report back if it was a firmware bug that has been squashed.

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
My only problem is that using defaults will not allow me to fast forward more than once. It will just start from the beginning or I have to hold on to a specific spot and let go.
This "fast-forward" issue seems to be specific to GOTHAM. After switching back to my old SMPC build, the fast-forward function works normally.

And I don't know if it's my imagination, but I get many fewer "crashes" in the SMPC build.

TRDavis

Jun 30, 2014
My XBMC became extremely unstable, I found out how to do a unit reset on the fire TV (since it's always on, memory rot happens) via the remote and it cleared up my issues.

Clearing cache is a good idea too

innovaciones

Oct 27, 2013
I think it has to do with the "Video > Acceleration" settings. If you default everything it should work.

This "fast-forward" issue seems to be specific to GOTHAM. After switching back to my old SMPC build, the fast-forward function works normally.

And I don't know if it's my imagination, but I get many fewer "crashes" in the SMPC build.
When this happen you need to restart the FireTV, press enter and the play/pause button at the same time for about 5 seconds and the problem will be fixed