XBMC GUI Settings

Rhothgar

Aug 29, 2012
Just been having a look through the guisettings.xml and have a few questions which is probably really simple.

I would like to be able to add Fusion installer in the XML so if I have a crash and need to do a clean install I can simply drop my amended xml into userdata and be able to access Fusion installer immediately without having to go through the process of typing it all in again. Just to streamline my clean install a little.

Since I have add a few crashes and issues caused by Nito and SSH, and have got re-installation off to a T, I have been using robweber's excellent XBMC backup but I am steering towards doing clean installs entirely manually as I seem to be having a few issues with incomplete backups at the moment.

Also, I notice scrapers in there are pointing to the likes of metadata.yahoomusic.com which as an add-on is broken so:-

a) what should I be changing that to?
b) will installing another add-on correct this because it has it's own metadata?

Bstrdsmkr

Mar 16, 2012
I think fusion would be under sources.xml

Check your music sources and see if any of them are set to use Yahoo

Rhothgar

Aug 29, 2012
@Bstrdsmkr

When you say check sources, do you mean this list located here?

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list

When I first install, it states Yahoo Music Add-on is broken, do you want to disable? Also for another couple of files when using the standard iOS5 install guide on XBMChub so I suppose the sources must be set to Yahoo.

If this is the case, what do I change it to please?