XBMC LINUX 510X and 310M Firmware with SD Card as External Storage

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Thanks to Justin from MyGica forum for posting this.

Please find a Beta file of the ATV 510x and ATV 310M, which allows you to have all your video, program add ons etc stored onto an External SD Card when installing them for the first time.

This will free up a lot of memory on your 510x/310m, and should make your box runs faster all the time. You only have to use this if your looking to have more then 10+ Video add ons while using XBMC.

Install the SPI First.

SPI:update_spi_mc_xbmc_clockdown_20130122.img

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9yumlff_mSmdNYkhpcTJYZDA/edit?usp=sharing

Next Install the Firmware

FW:update-m3-20140321.img

Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9yumlff_mSHB6NkxramIxaWc/edit?usp=sharing

After installing, reboot the box, make sure you have an External SD Card installed when you are installing your video add ons etc, so they will save directly to your External SD Card.

We suggest a 2GB-4GB External SD Card is all that is needed for this.
**Please keep in mind that If your External SD Card is removed, your video add on's etc will not work**
** Please keep in mind this is still a beta file of XBMC Linux 12.0**
JustinGlobal Moderator Posts: 1408Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:27 pmWhich myGica model(s) I own or useʔ: atv 1200

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You are right in a way. But for Linux this is the latest and greatest out there. There is a Frodo 12.4 Beta out which I will post soon. Unfortunately these boxes as with the Jynxbox do not quite keep up with the latest.

It is the latest on the MyGica forum...posted 29 October of this year.

damac10

Apr 11, 2014
Ok for those looking for something more recent. The Hydra Linux 13.2 Gotham build works for these boxes. Google to find download that has Pivos checks removed . I installed this on my M3 Enjoy Tv 510b ( Geniatech). Android is gone but XBMC Gotham running smoother and faster on this old device...With my 16gb external sd no more space issues plus smooth 1080p playback and general better all round stability with XBMC/KODI...