xbmc on fire tv home screen

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
hey guys I m setting up many fire tv s I have 1 left to do but I have to downgrade the firmware.
here is one problem I m having. I want xbmc on the home screen on each unit but when I via lima I don t see channel tv or the other one, I forget what it was called. Just got up...lol
what am I missing? I have an understanding of adb.
I had one unit auto load xbmc but not sure if I liked it so I removed it.
any help would be great

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
ikono tv is the app I use. I've found the easiest way is to install ikono then use adbfire to set up llama and change icons. Just go into llama and import the script and it all works

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
ok maybe I did something wrong, I ll try it again.
also can I add tvmc and xbmc/kodi if I have them installed?

degsie

Mar 23, 2014
How do you change the thumbnail for IkonoTV ( I cant get ClassicTV) to an XMBC icon if you sideload TVMC? I tried using the option to configure Llama and select the option to change the thumbnail using adbFire but it complains that Kodi is not installed (which is true), so it looks like this utility does not work with TVMC :(. Is there a manual way to change the thumbnails?

Last edited:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Edit:forget this reply i just wrote,i just saw you edited your post with a different question after i replied

For your question now....

If you want to change icons manually,you can use something like apk multi tool to do this

Last edited:

Blazetamer

Mar 3, 2013
The Yellow Brick Road
It says Kodi not installed because it looks for a specific "signature". You have to change that in the adbfire preferences to Mach whatever build you are wanting to alter.... Ie. tvaddons.co.xbmc. Or xbmc.org.Kodi. Etc etc ... I can't remember the proper ones for each type of build , but a search should turn those up for you ...

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
ok just tried it again. I don t get it, its just not working. I get fail to start shortcut
can you find a video or a detailed text verion so I can see what I m doing wrong
Thanks for your help

tomh2o

Sep 30, 2012
ok now I got it to work. I uninstalled ilama and started again
I think I was adding to many thing in ilama
thanks for all the help